Dinner March 14th 2011 (Pi Day!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
I picked up some prime dry aged filets. These are going on the grill.

I have baked potatoes to go with and will be making some sauteed artichoke hearts with red bell pepper, shallots and parsley.

Don't have pie for dessert though.

What are you making?

Looking at the fridge I reeled off the possibilities to husband (a regular part of our day) so it will probably be pasta carbonara of a type!

I'm pretty sure I'll just be having a salad. I made myself some hamburger stroganoff for lunch and somewhere along the way made more than I had intended to, but not enough to keep any for leftovers... so I ate it all.

...somewhere along the way made more than I had intended to, but not enough to keep any for leftovers... so I ate it all.

Atta Boy!!!

I'm cooking up a batch of chili and cornbread (Uncle Bob would call it corn cake) for dinner tonight.

Still have a lot of the chicken crepes left from yesterday, will reprise those with some couscous, Brussels sprouts and iced tea. I made a zucchini-chocolate cake this afternoon, which will be our dessert.

It's cold, rainy and windy here today. Should've been a soup/stew kind of meal. Same's predicted for tomorrow. Perhaps then.

Well it doesn't have a name yet......

I pounded out 2 boneless chicken breasts (thin) then layered on slices of fresh mozzarella, grated Pecorino Romano, chopped fresh basil and oregano, fine chopped garlic, and black pepper. Rolled and tied them closed. Then I seasoned the outside with some salt and pepper and rolled them in flour, then egg wash, then seasoned bread crumbs. They are baking in the oven at 400 degrees.

I have tomato sauce simmering on the stove with onion, garlic, basil and oregano. I am going to cut the chicken in half and lay it over spaghetti and top with sauce and more cheese.

Oh, and salad, steamed asparagus, and garlic bread.

Stuffed peppers, I still had peppers in the freezer that I had frozen last summer that needed to be used.

That sounds delicious Dave!

Last edited:
Tonight the family is having Jalapeno Chicken (from allrecipes site), basmati rice and Broccoli Casserole (also from allrecipes). Just waiting for hubby to get home so we can sit and enjoy...it smells delish :)

I pounded out 2 boneless chicken breasts (thin) then layered on slices of fresh mozzarella, grated Pecorino Romano, chopped fresh basil and oregano, fine chopped garlic, and black pepper. Rolled and tied them closed. Then I seasoned the outside with some salt and pepper and rolled them in flour, then egg wash, then seasoned bread crumbs. They are baking in the oven at 400 degrees.

I have tomato sauce simmering on the stove with onion, garlic, basil and oregano. I am going to cut the chicken in half and lay it over spaghetti and top with sauce and more cheese.

"Chicken Dave"!

We're having tuna steaks, caesar salad, rice and a veggie to be named later.

That sounds delicious Dave!

Thanks!!!

"Chicken Dave"!

We're having tuna steaks, caesar salad, rice and a veggie to be named later.

Here's the first ever pictures of "Chicken Dave". :chef:

Attachments

• StuffedChickenRoll.jpg
    StuffedChickenRoll.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 158
The stroganoff from my noontime dinner and tonight's lighter dinner.

Attachments

• hamburger stroganoff.jpg
    hamburger stroganoff.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 212
  • grilled romaine & crostini.jpg
    grilled romaine & crostini.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 155

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom