Dinner March 18, Wednesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Thank goodness we have a pot luck tonight. Food prep has been a challenge for me lately because of simply too much to do. I am taking bacon laced cole slaw and home made herbed dinner rolls . Other offerings promise to be chicken, brussel sprouts and several unknowns.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Cod, collards and cauliflower!

Tonight's dinner reminds me of Sesame Street! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me! :yum:

At work again. :mad::mad::mad:

So mystery frozen leftovers nuked in the michaelwave for me.

I think it was a risotto as the rice was short and fat with chicken, stuffed olives, peas etc.

Chicken fried steak, mashed taters, gravy from the drippings and sauteed Swiss chard.:yum:

Went to help a friend with Spring cleaning today. Before I went I made yet another batch of leek-potato soup. Took half of it to her--guess what I'm eating tonight. Hopefully she'll come and help me with my Spring cleaning. I'm not ready to do that, yet. I want the snow to melt--and we have a frostbite warning for tonight, again. Really!!

We were all set to order Chinese, but neither of us wanted to make the call. We're having leftover lasagna.

Panko & parm cheese encrusted pork loin, asparagus w/ hollandaise sauce, rice w/ onion & jalapeno.

img_1413911_0_e158b8ebcdc2a6ee9758367d18399163.jpg

Made a sauce to go with pasta twirls, i.e. with bacon, onion, baby sweetcorn, french beans, young broccoi, tinned tomatoes and chilli seeds.

Oops realise I forgot to include a bayleaf...I have masses of them drying out from trees in my garden. (One that sprung up and reached to the skies - the other pruned in a large pot).

We ran out of leftovers :( so I had to cook. That's OK, I like to cook. ;) I made a quick arugula and boston lettuce salad with a hazelnut-balsamic oil vinaigrette, a few black olives and some chopped tomato. Himself deemed me a little heavy-handed on the hazelnut oil. Guess I actually have to measure next time. I also made seared scallop pieces with bacon and itty-bitty Brussels sprouts, served with a side of parsley-garlic buttered noodles. I decided I was a bit heavy-handed with the garlic.

Good thing I already have tomorrow's supper, picked up from the Polish deli. All I have to make is mashed potatoes, which favor a heavy hand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom