Dinner march 31, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
maybe macaroni & cheese. jake got me cobb salad, 'cept when you offer me deli turkey.....:ermm: dagnabbit, tripe or souffle or potatoes, delicious. turkey with nitrates, ugh.:mellow:

I am experimenting with a crock pot roast loin of pork with vegetables cooked along side. Wish me luck, I'm having company for dinner. Living on the edge...

Possibly making a pizza, but if the weather is nice I might just grill some chicken or burgers for dinner.

Dinner In The "outdoor kitchen" At Twin Oaks

Red Whiskey from Kentucky..

Mississippi Pond Raised Catfish perfectly fried in Peanut Oil

Golden fried Hushpuppies(Miss Mish is drooling)

Sweet Potato fries...

Cajun Cole Slaw...

Pecan Pie..& Coffee

Grand Marnier..as the sun sets

We haven't had a roasted chicken for quite awhile so I have one thawing. It sounds so good to me...mashed potatos or noodles, dressing, gravy, corn and some green veggie.

Last edited:
lyndalou said:
I am experimenting with a crock pot roast loin of pork with vegetables cooked along side. Wish me luck, I'm having company for dinner. Living on the edge...
I am wishing you luck. I hope your dinner turns out wonderful as with company coming, it can sometimes be stressful, at least for me. It’s the running around with the head cut off syndrome here.

Half Baked said:
We haven't had a roasted chicken for quite awhile so I have one thawing. It sounds so good to me...mashed potatos or noodles, dressing, gravy, corn and some green veggie.
Ah, you must have been watching Ina Garten with me yesterday when she did this tried and true winner. She told of her friend being taught how to make it by the famed Julia Child. I’d love her in my kitchen too. Enjoy your meal, sounds wonderful.

For our dinner tonight, I'll have to report back later as I've not quite been able to come up with an idea yet.

Last edited:
We are having chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans. I made these five layers bars yesterday from Paula Deen, so will have them for dessert.

Uncle Bob said:
Mississippi Pond Raised Catfish perfectly fried in Peanut Oil

Pecan Pie

Uncle Bob, you have me drooling, too! These are two of my aboslute favorites, when done just right, and I have a hunch they will be!

PA Baker said:
Uncle Bob, you have me drooling, too! These are two of my aboslute favorites, when done just right, and I have a hunch they will be!

No Red whiskey from Kentucky? :ermm:

(I forgot! I'm not supposed to tell. Oops!)

Uncle Bob said:
No Red whiskey from Kentucky? :ermm:

(I forgot! I'm not supposed to tell. Oops!)

:LOL: You caught me! No, actually, I can't even handle the smell of whisky. I had a really bad experience with it in high school. A friend and I drank a lot of it out of a squeeze bottle (trying to hide what we were drinking--my gosh were we dumb!!!) and were sicker than dogs!:ROFLMAO: :sick:

I dug out the Martin Yan Quick and Easy cookbook I received for my birthday two years ago and discovered a dish called Crunchy Apple Beef that sure sounded like it should be made with cubed pork butt instead, so I will try that tonight, if I am not too tired from cat adoptions* this afternoon.

* If you want to see my latest foster kitties, check out Petfinder.com and scroll down to Nicky and Paris

Well, this is the first night I've had off since my birthday. I've got some coconut-breaded shrimp prepped up, a couple 24 oz porterhouse steaks to be grilled, some plantains that I'm going to fry, and who knows what for the veg. I'm going to my Paula Dean's Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake in a little bit, after lunch.

Uncle Bob said:
Golden fried Hushpuppies(Miss Mish is drooling)

Sweet Potato fries...

Cajun Cole Slaw...

Pecan Pie..& Coffee

Grand Marnier..as the sun sets

so am I!!!:-p

Back
Top Bottom