Dinner May 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds good, Cheri!

Well, I'm going to attempt to make the potato soup that I didn't make last night. When you get caught up in shopping, it takes away your energy for almost everything else. :neutral:

I'm going to peel the potatoes and bake them. Then, add them to hot milk, with melted butter, sauteed red onion (reserving some of the onion) and diced tomato. Using my stick blender, I'll puree that until smooth, add the reserved onion and also put in some chopped Pancetta. I don't know how it's going to turn out, but we shall see. :chef:

On the side, tossed salads.

I am making chicken burgers seasoned with cumin and a tad of wostishere sauce with wild rice and steamed green beans and a tossed salad with mozzerela cheese chunks

I made fried chicken yesterday, and it still wasnt done the way I like, so Im thinkin about doin it again tonight. Practice makes perfect!

Chicken livers dredged in seasoned flour and fried with a julienned onion, then a whole head of minced garlic and a bit of tomato paste and water added for simmering. Served over white rice. Wierd, huh? But it tastes better than it sounds. :LOL:

I'm flying solo for the next several days, so I really don't have to plan for dinners....may go get some Chinese take out....or maybe fix a large bowl of popcorn..

I picked up a bag of Vadalia (sp?) onions, so may make an onion sandwich;)

Last edited:
Thick pork chops with onion sauce,mashed potatoes, asparagus, green salad and warm biscuits and either butter and honey of some of the onion sauce. Dessert banana cream pie.
kadesma

We are having pork chops and zucchini. I have the zucchini ready to go under the broiler. I just lightly sauteed some seasoned onion, sliced zucchini, and garlic, and then topped it with buttered bread crumbs and parmesan. Hubster is in charge of the pork chops. I see mushrooms and marsala wine. :):):)

We're having fish sandwiches (I love cod) and tater tots.

Sometimes I'm a gourmand, and sometimes I'm just a plain ole' hillbilly. I love tater tots.

Before we left for the day I put short ribs in the slow cooker and when I came home put some potatoes in the oven to roast and made a salad. It was a hit and so easy after a hard day of sorting through all my mother's kitchen and china cabinet.

Yesterday was my all day shopping trip to Paducah and after that I'm usually beat. Before I left to come home I stopped at Burger King and availed myself of their Wednesday special...a free roast burger with the purchase of a drink. I was thirsty at the end of a long day, so I filled my "small" beverage cup to the top (no ice) and waited for my burger to be prepared. By the time my burger was up, I'd finished the soda, so I filled up again and was on my way.

I'm not a fast food person, but the burger was "almost" free, if you get what I mean. I selected the bacon/blue cheese burger. Brought it home and I have to say, it was delicious.

Celebration!!

Hubby and I celebrated my LAST chemo treatment (last week) by going out to dinner at www.thegrottotonight.com . I had the filet w/ foie gras, grilled asparagus and house potatoes, which are au gratin w/ crispy topping. Prob the best steak I've ever had. Hubby had the peppered strip w/ garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and the most delicious brandy cream sauce. The owner/chef is a friend and knew we were celebrating. He sent out a delish chocolate souffle, wow. I didn't save much room, lol, but the few bites I had were SO good!! We had a great time w/ great food on a beautiful spring Texas evening!! It was a splurge but so worth it. :clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom