Dinner May 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Tonight is going to be a bit haphazard. Madeleine is going to be dancing at competition at 1530 and 1930 so she won't be home. Kate is going on an all day field trip (river rafting for science) and will get home late. She will grab something and we will take off running for HER competition. I'll make sure Ken has something tasty as he won't be too movable yet. I think...clean out the fridge night! Got soup, meatballs and gravy, rice, pasta, lots of salad etc.

Saffron risotto with leeks and fresh mozzarella, salad, homemade french bread. With the electric multi-cooker, the risotto takes 6 minutes and no stirring. And it's GOOD. It's a miracle, that's what it is. That multi-cooker is very close to taking top billing in my kitchen, even over the microwave. If I had to give up one appliance....it's a toss-up right now.

DH will be home for change and DS is home from college so I'm thinking pork chops in onion sauce with mashed taters and green beans.

I'll pack leftover chinese food for DH to take to work and I am thinking open faced sandwiches with the leftover short rib meat and gravy for Dad and I, with a salad and vegetable to be named later.

I'm going to make a breaded salsa chicken, which was the same recipe I used on Cinco de Mayo. That was yummy. I'll probably end up having brown rice and mixed vegies on the side again.

Salmon burger and leftover spicy green lentils. Maybe some cantelope for dessert if I get crazy.

Tonight, I had a Croque Monsieur and a spinach salad with a walnut-fig vinaigrette. The salad was good, but the sandwich was missing something.

We had leftovers, grilled chicken thighs, grilled yellow peppers & zucchini, tzatziki & hummus. And a glass of cabernet for dessert.

I'll pack leftover chinese food for DH to take to work and I am thinking open faced sandwiches with the leftover short rib meat and gravy for Dad and I, with a salad and vegetable to be named later.

How plans change. DH found out he will eat at work since he is taking one of the residents to their Mom's for dinner. I didn't feel like meat and Dad didn't want anything big so, I had creamed mushrooms on toast and Dad had a small homemade beef meat pie (I keep them in the freezer for just such occasions). We both had salad and milk.

Back
Top Bottom