Dinner Menu - 7/17/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix, I hope you both have a wonderful night out, what are you going to see? Enjoy your wings :)

Not sure yet. I'd like to see Safety Not Guaranteed, or the Avengers. Ken might lobby for Ted though. I'm cool with anything really.

We have a severe thunderstorm warning and the skies are looking very threatening. Unless that storm comes and goes within the next hour, we are not going out. We'll just order from Mr. Falafel.
So, I ordered from Mr. Falafel: one shish taouk platter and one falafel platter. That stuff is sooooo good. Of course, by the time the food arrived, the sun came out.

Mojitos for dessert. I had to do something with that mint growing in my backyard. ;)

Home made jalapeno cheese burgers smoked over mesquite with home made hamburger dressing. Can't have hamburgers without hamburger dressing!

We felt like celebrating just for the fun of it tonight. We went out for Tenderloin steaks at an old Italian family restaurant in St Paul. The only thing Italian about them is they are so nice, (the owner checked on us twice), the oversize food portions and the courtesy hors'd-ourves they serve once you are seated. Very limited menu and nothing Italian about it.

I brought home our entire garlic toast bread basket, about 2/3 of my steak and half a baked potato, as did DxW, except she didn't want any of the bread. Her loss when it comes time for steak sammies, I guess.

We did save room for some spumoni ice cream dishes for dessert.

Mancini's website=
Home

Last edited:
We felt like celebrating just for the fun of it tonight. We went out for Tenderloin steaks at an old Italian family restaurant in St Paul.
We were at Mancini's just a few weeks ago. I like that place. Very old school. I don't think they've changed the carpeting since the 1960s, but they sure know how to make a steak. :yum:

harry, veddy nice greek.

taxy, i love a good falafel shop. is there a mrs. falafel?

alix, wings and a movie sound great. not to mention an actual date.
someday. :neutral:

after watching "master chef" again tonight, i'm on a sushi bender. i know, i know, twice in a week. :glare:

pics to follow.

hi, i'm bucky, i'm a broke down, no good sushi-holic.

btw, guess what i'm teaching my boy to make next week?

one hand wet, one hand dry. wet, sharp knife.

Last edited:
At a fave restaurant, we had Pescado Rellano: a lovely fish fillet rolled around a mix of fresh shellfish and other crustaceans including shrimp, squid, octopus, baked in foil with various herbs, spices and lots of butter. There was a veg or two, ignored. Lots of garlic bread. Heaven on a plate.

wow, that sounds really good, dawg! was it mexican, spanish, portugese, south american, or caribbean style? i don't recognize the word rellano.

Wonderful sounding food and pics here tonight, as always. Seems to be a greek theme this time - odd how that happens sometimes, that there is a particular theme for a dinner thread. :)

I had 2 hard boiled eggs and some leftover salmon. :LOL:

thanks, cheryl.

i haven't made sushi in a long time. should be interesting. i'm thinking tuna, octopus, salmon, eel, and a california roll.

it depends on how big the deep frozen pieces of sushi grade fish the korean market has. i may do only two, tuna and octopus, plus a roll.

buckytom said:
wow, that sounds really good, dawg! was it mexican, spanish, portugese, south american, or caribbean style? i don't recognize the word rellano.

Thanks! Mexican. Am thinking rellano loosely translates to "rolled". As in Chiles Rellano. It was totally awesome, and my spelling might be wrong. We have enough left over for leftovers....have a strange feeling they won't last very long.

Last edited:
Google translate says that, "Pescado Rellano" means fish landing. :LOL:

It asked if I meant Pescado Relleno, so I tried that and it means stuffed fish.

Back
Top Bottom