Dinner Menu - 7/17/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At a fave restaurant, we had Pescado Rellano: a lovely fish fillet rolled around a mix of fresh shellfish and other crustaceans including shrimp, squid, octopus, baked in foil with various herbs, spices and lots of butter. There was a veg or two, ignored. Lots of garlic bread. Heaven on a plate.

Gee that sounds nice DL :)

We had beef schnitzels with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and some corn on the cob, all covered in a lovely cheese sauce :)
ok so we've seen your dancing banana k:wacko:,now some pics of your tucker which does sound gooood:yum:.never had beef schnitzels k.any particular cut etc?

ok so we've seen your dancing banana k:wacko:,now some pics of your tucker which does sound gooood:yum:.never had beef schnitzels k.any particular cut etc?

Harry, I am not sure what cut of meat the schnitzels are...I will ask my butcher next week :)

At a fave restaurant, we had Pescado Rellano: a lovely fish fillet rolled around a mix of fresh shellfish and other crustaceans including shrimp, squid, octopus, baked in foil with various herbs, spices and lots of butter. There was a veg or two, ignored. Lots of garlic bread. Heaven on a plate.
that does sound verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good dawg.as you know,i loves me fish/seafood.wouldn't mind having a crack at that.any ideas on the herbs/spices used?was the filling "bound" with anything like egg or breadcrumbs?was the filling chopped or whole?who was driving the gettaway car?where were you on the night of the 27th?:ermm:

last night's dinner:

salad with ginger dressing:

img_1162555_0_176d84426bcac8fcc3df20ebed5ead67.jpg

and sushi:

img_1162555_1_49cec843ee8f61bfdcb141fe50f93217.jpg

and a salmon skin roll

img_1162555_2_8c9e456d16c459d4aac60203f887f137.jpg

in my lair, featuring the dewalt: (lol, harry)

img_1162555_3_848e5d3d9a9386aa612458180c8e1b8e.jpg

last night's dinner:

salad with ginger dressing:

img_1162559_0_176d84426bcac8fcc3df20ebed5ead67.jpg

and sushi:

img_1162559_1_49cec843ee8f61bfdcb141fe50f93217.jpg

and a salmon skin roll

img_1162559_2_8c9e456d16c459d4aac60203f887f137.jpg

in my lair, featuring the dewalt: (lol, harry)

img_1162559_3_848e5d3d9a9386aa612458180c8e1b8e.jpg
my oh my oh my tom,twice a week? hell man,i'd eat that every day:yum:!
but the dewalt? next time you have a screwdriver with your sushi,have it in a glass..;)!

Harry Cobean said:
that does sound verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good dawg.as you know,i loves me fish/seafood.wouldn't mind having a crack at that.any ideas on the herbs/spices used?was the filling "bound" with anything like egg or breadcrumbs?was the filling chopped or whole?who was driving the gettaway car?where were you on the night of the 27th?:ermm:

Harry, the restaurant won't give up the ingredients, but as far as I can tell, there's allspice berries, crushed bay leaf, black pepper. Lots of butter, cream. The filling was just chunks of very fresh seafood, no binder. All rolled up in a very mild white fish fillet, likely grouper. DH drove the getaway car.

Harry, the restaurant won't give up the ingredients, but as far as I can tell, there's allspice berries, crushed bay leaf, black pepper. Lots of butter, cream. The filling was just chunks of very fresh seafood, no binder. All rolled up in a very mild white fish fillet, likely grouper. DH drove the getaway car.
thanks dawg,that'll do nicely,might try it with vietnamese river cobbler (basa) fillet.get some good big ones here,nice & firm too so it should roll & hold it's shape ok.....watch this space:)!!
oh yeah...i promise not to tell who drove the getaway car,our little secret,no one else will ever know...................:ermm::wacko:!!

Last edited:
Harry Cobean said:
thanks dawg,that'll do nicely,might try it with vietnamese river cobbler (basa) fillet.get some good big ones here,nice & firm too so it should roll & hold it's shape ok.....watch this space:)!!
oh yeah...i promise not to tell who drove the getaway car,our little secret,no one else will ever know...................:ermm::wacko:!!

We're eating the nuked leftovers in the light of day. I now see there is also shredded onions, carrots, celery and zucchini in the mix. Huge allspice berries. Did I mention LOTS of butter?

It's as good as it was last night. Going into food coma now....

We're eating the nuked leftovers in the light of day. I now see there is also shredded onions, carrots, celery and zucchini in the mix. Huge allspice berries. Did I mention LOTS of butter?

It's as good as it was last night. Going into food coma now....
thanks for the heads up D...just stay away from the light.....don't walk towards the light..............

Back
Top Bottom