"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #11
Executive Chef
I have a pork shoulder lurking in a 250*F oven since this morning, added some white potatoes about noon, and will try to roast some frozen broccoli, and the DH wants pancakes. Will have all 4 items

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
K, Mines sorted now, I`m having Fries and the wife`s having a Salad, the Lab is void of clients and all business has ceased for the day WOOHOO! :)))

she`s done ever so well at the gym and lost 15 pounds in just over 2 weeks, I didn`t want to inflict Fries on here as tomorrow is Weighing day...
I for one am Really Proud of her!

once we get rid of the back-log of "bad" foods from the house, things will be a little easier for her too.

So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
Executive Chef
I think I'm having soup. It has shredded carrots, rutabega, leeks, red lentils and yellow split peas in it. Cheap and filling.

I want macaroni and cheese but we have no cheese. :(
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #14
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.

Just decided on Chili sausages and chili cheese fries ! (Was going grocery shopping but too darn windy ) !!
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #15
Senior Cook
I've got my brisket (recipe located in the smokin' meats category) going in the smoker right now. I'll probably make some german potato salad to side it with.
Poppinfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #16
Head Chef
I was in a meeting from 8:30 - 4pm and my brain is totally fried. Does a bottle of wine count as dinner?

Seriously, I will probably make a casserole with penne, mushrooms, garlic and a cheesy cream sauce, its easy and comforting (and it goes well with wine).
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #17
Master Chef
I have handbell rehearsal tonight and I'll be leaving before hubby gets home so we'll throw together spaghetti and salad when I get home from church.
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #18
We are ordering out tonight. Maybe chinese or indian. One of the things I love about New York is all the different kinds of food you can get delivered to your door.
Opiņanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
Today was supposed to be my day off but the lady who watches the kids on tuesday and thursday called at 5 this morning to inform my girls she was sick Sooooo, since I already made two different meals today, dinner is rather hap hazzard...Dh is feeling yukky and asked for the chicken, beaten egg and tiny pasta soup his mom use to make, so that is warming, I'm just having some tuna salad with crackers and hot tea...The kids I told to eat at home tonight please as I have the kids again tomorrow, and have to get something done for breakfast..

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #20
Master Chef
probably soup.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote