Dinner Menu - Thursday 9/29/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1482225_0_1f9b51f3943bb4effda27fdd09f72b56.jpg

Korvstrognoff med ris och skolsallad, Sausage stroganoff with rice and school salad ( school salad today is way better, but hey I am from the 70:ties)

img_1482225_1_bfd495b6b2a42aa4c74f9c1135fa5f29.jpg

Apple cake with store bought vanilla custard, I normally make my own but couldnt be bothered today. Husbands portion, not mine, since I eat so little dessert mine just look sad and pathetic.

Mussels steamed in beer, fennel, shallots, and garlic. Served over fresh fettuccine I made this afternoon. Green salad on the side.

Was going to bring a loaf of fresh country bread just out of the oven, but the fettuccine will do fine.

See you at 6!

img_1482227_0_039f1d8e6fd8568bb14ddffd806fc102.gif

Nice, guys! I got some tortillas, so thinking baked chicken taquitos.

A bake with b/s thighs, a slice of swiss cheese, covered with cream of mushroom soup mixed with white wine, topped with dried crumbled stuffing mix drizzled with butter. Sides were egg noodles and steamed broccoli.

We had grilled burgers and tossed salads for dinner tonight. I had to grill in the back yard instead of on the deck as the condo association is doing carpentry work on our building in preparation for painting.

Good lookin' pics and great sounding dinners this evening. :yum:

I had leftover roast chicken from last night, buttered corn, and a simple green salad. Nothing to rave about, but it was good. I'll have a bowl of chocolate caramel ice cream a little later.

Yummy dinners. We all sure eat good around these parts. :yum:

Do you ever have one of those days when you have so MANY choices of "what to make?" that you can't decide? Well that was my day. While shuffling things around in the fridge I found the container of leftover picadillo. Winner! I also got rid of the rest of the black beans. All I made fresh was the salad and rice. Now, with that one empty space in the fridge, I have to resist going out shopping tomorrow. :ermm:

How were those BBQ chicken thighs made looking like muffins? :) :yum:

Are you talking about these?
37240-albums1042-picture6457.jpg

Craig didn't post them in this thread, but I didn't see any other muffin tin/cupcake chicken thighs. It's a recipe from Myron Mixon. Craig bought his cookbook, Smokin with Myron Mixon, at Bass Pro Shops and they also carry the blackberry preserves in their food section. Not many places in our part of the country carry blackberry preserves. Here's a link for the recipe Myron Mixon’s World-Famous Cupcake Chicken recipe | Epicurious.com . You use a muffin tin with holes drilled in it and a smoker. There's a good bit of prep with the rubs and sauces, as well as the chicken itself since you have to cut the ends of the bone off, but it's really, really good. Everyone that Craig has made it for has really loved it.

Back
Top Bottom