Dinner Menu Thursday the 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On Thursdays Dad has a big meal for lunch at his senior's program. I went out for lunch with a young lady who used to be in our youth group (had fish and chips) so was not really hungry either. I joined him in his Thursday dinner - cheese toast and fruit. :)

All the dinner ideas I have read in this thread sound delicious, although, compared to my dinner its not that hard to be delicious, considering that my dinner was a sandiwch ( cheese and bread only).

Please visit my thread under Desserts/Cakes and Cupcakes...I need help urgently!!!

Every time I have used the pressure cooker it seems to wash out the colors... yours looks good.

Thanks Frank.
I have a rack for the bottom. It keeps everything out of the liquid. Otherwise it gets that washed out or slow cooker look.

This is the kind of salad Mark wanted. :neutral:

His dinner was a plain tossed salad with shredded cheddar, bacon bits and chopped celery. That was topped with sliced chicken tenders. On the side, was 3-bean salad and bread-n-butter. The dressing was italian. He tends to rather have more meat on his salads, than veggies. I'm just the opposite.

img_1084157_0_69d3da2200c460fe76f440334ebef1af.jpg

I had a few chicken tenders with celery and ranch dressing.

Last edited:
This is the kind of salad Mark wanted. :neutral:

His dinner was a plain tossed salad with shredded cheddar, bacon bits and chopped celery. That was topped with sliced chicken tenders. On the side, was 3-bean salad and bread-n-butter. The dressing was italian. He tends to rather have more meat on his salads, than veggies. I'm just the opposite.

img_1084432_0_69d3da2200c460fe76f440334ebef1af.jpg

I had a few chicken tenders with celery and ranch dressing.

now that salad is a thing of beauty. just put it on the menu for tomorrow night. except i will use a homemade oriental dressing. :chef:

now that salad is a thing of beauty. just put it on the menu for tomorrow night. except i will use a homemade oriental dressing. :chef:
Thank you, babe. I just give him what he wants. When I get creative with food, it's mostly with myself. As long as he liked it, then all is well.

I prefer to have an ice berg lettuce and baby spinach salad with crumbled (real) bacon, cheddar, baby carrot, cucumber, celery, green onion and tomato. The chicken would not have been breaded, just seasoned, and baked in the oven, then sliced. That sliced chicken breast would atop the salad along with alittle more cheese and dressing on the side.

I agree VB Beautiful salad.

Babe - Whats in your homemade oriental dressing?

my dressing is 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar,1/2 cup sugar,2 tbs soy sauce, 2/3 cup canola oil, the seasoning package from cup of noodles chicken flavor.

i used splenda and low salt soy. it is also what i make for chinese chicken salad.

my dressing is 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar,1/2 cup sugar,2 tbs soy sauce, 2/3 cup canola oil, the seasoning package from cup of noodles chicken flavor.

i used splenda and low salt soy. it is also what i make for chinese chicken salad.
My cup of noodles doesn't come with a seasoning pack. :( I just add hot water.

Back
Top Bottom