Dinner Mon 14th of May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
It's freezing outside so I think it's time to dust off the soup pot and make some warm chicken soup and dumplings. Yum! I just love soup :)

round of smoked ham,in the slow cooker with whole black peppercorns,bay leaf,loads of chopped parsley(no additional liquid the ham makes it's own broth) went in @12:00noon on low,will be ready @ 6:00pm.having that with puy lentils cooked in chicken stock with fresh thyme,porcini mushrooms & garlic,crusty bread & ice cold san miguel fresca...yum:yum:!

Time to go on an expedition and discover what is hiding in the freezer...I was thinking lettuce wraps filled with oyster beef, but my oyster sauce is at the house in the city...so I'll see what I find in the freezer.

No Idea. It is supposed to be pork day but I have some chicken thighs that need using or freezing so may change with tomorrow (poultry day). Not sure what I will do with them. I am still have no appetite at all but need to cook for DH.

marie callender's chicken pot pie, served with salad of butter lettuce with strawberries. my granddaughter and boy friend are still staying with me. good way to get some fruit in them.

Still feeling crappy so burgers it is. Either on the grill if it stops raining or in the CI skillet if not.

Cold and rainy here so something warm...Rosemary & onion pot roast with baked red potatoes and asparagus.

Since I have leftover brisket... Brisket burgers on onion rolls, w/ sliced roma tomatoes, melted provolone & horseradish mayonnaise. Halved, pitted grilled white peaches filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with blackberry preserves.

i just finished a 17 hour shift, working diligently on "the talk" all day.

dw is going to the gym when get home so the boy and i will do homework, then i'm getting vegetarian indian takeout for dinner. hopefully a "light' spicy meal will reenergize me

gotta be back to work in 5 hours. :neutral:

Turkey sammies, some type of veggie, rhubarb sauce.

Last edited:
I grilled a hamburger and hot dog for lunch, plus reheated some potato wedges, so dinner was simply a handful of Ritz and some Swiss cheese. I'm good, lol.

Back
Top Bottom