Dinner..Mon. Jan 13 '14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We haven't even reached the first half of the month yet. I am getting fed up with too many leftovers, from all the holidays, over-indulging or allowing myself extra treats. I threw out way too much half eaten foods last week. I know a full refrigerator is a happy refrigerator, but still... Starting over with a clean slate and hopefully better mgmt. Hopefully the birds and squirrels appreciated the loaf and a half petrified good Costco baguettes that were run thru the food processor to break up for them.

With that in mind, I made a small rigatoni casserole with kicked up jar sauce, one half a sliced Italian sausage, covered the dish in cheese and baked. Remaining sauce went into the freezer, marked and dated. As did the remaining sausages. Spinach salad in a bowl with kalamata olives, baby red onion, and baby tomates. Oil/ garlic/ red wine and Dijon dressing. Interestingly, a half carton ice cream takes up as much space as a whole carton, yet is not considered a "leftover" > will have to ponder this by the spoonful later tonight. :LOL:

I was thinking tacos earlier, too, but I had 3 lbs of grilled wings instead.

Indian style beef curry. A simple salad w/cucumbers, grape tomato's and mixed greens. A big old dollop of tatziki.

We ate out because my doctor's appointment was at 5:15 pm. We went to McDonalds but I just had a salad as I am now totally restricted to no fat until after the surgery.

The documents are signed. I just have to call his main office tomorrow for the date. He works in Vancouver but comes out in the evenings and takes appointments near the hospital it will be done at.

Finally cooked something - Himself ran out of leftovers and I'm getting tired of BART. We had small chicken breasts, rice, and he had corn/I had peas. I made a nice fruit salad for dessert. He amped his bowl up with ice cream. I've been freezing with the few calories I've been ingesting so I just sprinkled my fruit with cinnamon.

....Interestingly, a half carton ice cream takes up as much space as a whole carton, yet is not considered a "leftover" > will have to ponder this by the spoonful later tonight. :LOL:
Whisk, our son came up with a novel but great idea. The cartons we usually buy are drum-shaped. When a carton is about half-gone you take your kitchen shears and cut the carton, shortening it by half. Put the lid back on, strap on a couple rubber bands, and voila! a shorter carton. The ice cream seems to stay a bit fresher too with eliminating that air space. In the winter, when we eat less ice cream, I usually put a layer of plastic film on top the ice cream to seal it off even better.

Asian turkey and mushroom croquettes with ginger scallion/cucumber noodle salad. Sweet chili dip on the side for the croquettes. Very yummy...and lunch is sorted for today since we had leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom