"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 01-11-2016, 11:51 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm trying to cook out of the pantry and freezer for a couple of weeks. There's so much stuff, I can't put any,more in there and I have three freezers (not full-size, but still...)

So tonight, I made pinto bean, cheese and green chile enchiladas with homemade tomatillo salsa, using green chiles and tomatillos frozen from last summer's garden. I also had some leftover rice cooked with chicken broth, so I reheated that with a couple tablespoons of jarred red salsa and a tablespoon of tomato paste from the freezer. Then I mixed together some sour cream, lime juice and zest and cilantro with a little salt and sugar. It turned out really well.

Dagnabit, GG, those enchiladas look so good! Missing Mexico...

She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:19 AM   #32
Certified Cake Maniac
I had a ham and Havarti sandwich with mayo and sprouts on whole grain toast. Healthy CAN be delicious! I keep telling myself.

"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:07 AM   #33
Head Chef
We had bibimpap made with the Korean-style marinated pork belly I started Sunday. Cooked it for about 2.5 hours yesterday at 300. Ended up cutting off the skin cause it got a little dark (even with foil tent) and cutting meat up in cubes. Served with jasmine rice, bibimpap sauce, garnishes of shitakes, carrots, spinach, bean sprouts, with an over-easy egg on top. No leftovers cause someone REALLY liked the pork belly marinated and cooked that way. I'll admit I had a few nibbles as well while I was cubing it up.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:16 AM   #34
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
OK, this is a winner in our book. Think deep dish Pizza without a crust.
It's very rich, not low cal, but low carb for sure. The Kale was a great addition we really liked. I'll work out the recipe and post it tomorrow.

Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 AM   #35
Head Chef
Pork Chops and potatoes with green beans. Did the chowder thing last evening.

I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
lyndalou is offline   Reply With Quote