Dinner Monday, 1/3/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
& so the week begins

have a great monday, guys!

4 me, pierogies & cabbage (fried w/ butter, seasalt, pepper & onion).
though if i get a few foods, i may make a roasted chix.

your dinner~

probably leftovers. i have my first official meeting as both assistant cubmaster and now i'm also a den leader, so i'll be busy planning and sewing all afternoon.

there's leftover rib roast and shrimp cocktail, so it's not a bad option.

geez, claire, it's not that bad. it's only the cub scouts.

but yes, they can be trying on one's patience...

:cool: ;)

Well, I tried to delete that before it was sent, but couldn't. Sorry if I offended. Of course, I might be one of the few who got the Latin!

lol, i thought you were joking. didn't realize you were trying to be offensive. :mellow:

nevermind. :wacko: i guess i shouldn't joke around so much.

Last edited:
James will be leaving for school tomorrow night, so I asked him what he wants for supper before he leaves. We will be having cheeseburgers and fries.

:)Barbara

Since my attempt at Parmesan chicken yesterday failed, I will strip the cooked chicken of it's coating and cut it in chunks.

I've also got that RiceARoni long grain and wild rice that tasted kind of chalky, so I'll add a can of diced stewed tomatoes.

I'll see how that tastes and see what additions will make it shine.

Any ideas?

The college kid goes back tomorrow morning (he's playing in the pep band for the home basketball games. class doesn't start for 2 weeks) so I think we'll go out for dinner and see the new Harry Potter movie. I'd like to go to the German restaurant but it may be closed on Mondays.

I have some turkey stock in the freezer and chicken leftover from SO's chicken pies from yesterday. I believe I can cobble together a hearty chicken soup for dinner tonight.

I am going to attempt goose soup. Much like my duck soup, so we shall see how it ends up. The carcass is in the stock pot (ok, a small stock pot).

I had a ham bone left over from New Years's and some leftover pimento so I'm making a lentl soup. It's bubbling away now.

Mexican at our fav place tonight! I'll probably get the Caldo de Pescado y Camaron..YUM!!

Last edited:
Mushroom gratin with criminis this time.
That's all I know so far...

Back
Top Bottom