Dinner Monday, 1-5-2015 ~ What's on your Monday Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Am I the first thinking about dinner? :huh: Nah, it's probably that I'm the only one with no life tonight. :LOL:

I have a vat of Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup simmering on the stove right now. This is shaping up to be a soup week. I'm also making stock out of three bird carcasses. Taking suggestions for what kind of soup that should be - right now I plan on a boring chicken/veggie/noodle pot.

It was a last minute affair for us. We were going to go out to dinner, but I found out late today that I have to work for a little while tonight, so plans were scrapped.

I pulled a bag of shrimp out of the freezer and made some quick and easy scampi. That and a spinach salad with blue cheese dressing was tonight's dinner.

Tonight's delight was chicken parmigiano with spaghetti.

Attachments

• DSC04701.jpg
    DSC04701.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
CG -- I am partial to Sopa de Cebolla (Mexican French Onion Soup) made with chix stock, yellow Spanish onions ( why wouldn't you) and some green onion tops to finish before floating a crouton and Monteray Jack cheese on top. I am surprised to find I do not have a written recipe, although I have been making this since the 1970's.

Tonight I thawed a container of Vegetable Beef Soup. Sure glad I made extra to have on hand for freezing days like today.

Am I the first thinking about dinner? :huh: Nah, it's probably that I'm the only one with no life tonight. :LOL:

I have a vat of Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup simmering on the stove right now. This is shaping up to be a soup week. I'm also making stock out of three bird carcasses. Taking suggestions for what kind of soup that should be - right now I plan on a boring chicken/veggie/noodle pot.

Wow, that sounds luscious CG. Can you fill me in on the recipe, or technique?

Nice looking plate, thanks for the pic Andy.

I'm going simple tonight..TJ's orange chicken with scallions and yellow bell pepper over Jasmine rice. I always add orange juice to the delicious provided sauce so there's plenty for the rice also.

Wow, that sounds luscious CG. Can you fill me in on the recipe, or technique?...
I was going to post the link to the original recipe, then I realized I strayed far from the base! Instead, I wrote the entire recipe out the way I modified it. My version is a bit quicker and probably slightly lower in calories. All I know is it's still just as good, since I made it to the letter the first time.

You can find the full recipe here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/cooking-goddesss-creamy-chicken-and-wild-rice-soup-92003.html#post1405267

The last of the homemade pot stickers from the freezer and frozen reheated leftover fried clams. Odd combo but good and it freed up some space in the freezer for the fruits of our weekend labor.

Stuck a couple of pork chops in the oven, baked 'em for a while then added some onion, garlic, mushrooms and thickened stock.

Mashed taters and peas.

Back
Top Bottom