Dinner Monday 1/9 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I know, it's early, we haven't even had our coffee and someone is asking, what's for dinner?:LOL: My reply was grunted from under a pillow.
Ham, sweet potato casserrole (thanks Texas) fruit salad, biscuits and honey, fried corn, and dessert are the 2 pieces of Cora's chocolate mousse pie. Which by the way was fantastic..whatcha think you might make?:LOL:
kadesma:LOL:

Potatoes and weinies. or breaded buffalo wing flavored chicken filets.
How do you make your fried corn, kadesma?

Last edited:
It's leftover night.
We have chili, pasta, salad, peas, and a few other little plastic boxes
that contain dinners and lunches from last week.

texasgirl said:
Potatoes and weinies. or breaded buffalo wing flavored chicken filets.
How do you make your fried corn, kadesma?
Texas, this time of year, I buy frozen white shoe peg or tiny yellow corn, heat a skillet, melt butter and then add the corn, 1-2 tea. of sugar, salt and pepper and just cook til I start to get a little golden brown color to it..That's it..In the summer, I cut the corn off the cobb and use that. Then I don't add any sugar, it's sun sweet:LOL:

kadesma

kadesma said:
Texas, this time of year, I buy frozen white shoe peg or tiny yellow corn, heat a skillet, melt butter and then add the corn, 1-2 tea. of sugar, salt and pepper and just cook til I start to get a little golden brown color to it..That's it..In the summer, I cut the corn off the cobb and use that. Then I don't add any sugar, it's sun sweet:LOL:

kadesma

No breading? cool, I'll have to do this. We had some at a truck stop a couple years ago. Never had it before then and we liked it. Thank you!!

Grilled BBQ chicken, green beans and baked taters. I'll have to use my grill pan--DH packed up the gas grill and rolled it inot the garage for the winter, never thinking we have a day like this where it's 61 out!:rolleyes:

Romaine and baby spinach salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, sugar snap peas, caramelized almonds, feta cheese and Paul Newman's raspberry/walnut dressing
Sauteed crawfish tossed with 3-cheese tortellini and homemade alfredo sauce, garnished with fresh parsley and red bell pepper rings
Baked Brie in puff pastry with pecans, bourbon, and brown sugar, with apple slices and crackers for serving

That's quite the dinner afreet. Is it a special day... or is your family this lucky every night?

I'm actually really enjoying eating even healthier than before. It's been over a week now and though the pounds haven't all jumped over board (lol, do I wish!) I do feel like I have more energy, which is a huge plus!

Tonight I had a can of low-fat beans in tomato sauce to which I added just a tiny pinch of hot chilli flakes, 1/4 an English cucumber and a little bit of whole wheat grainery bread to dip in the beans. It was actually a really delicious meal :)

Piccolina said:
I'm actually really enjoying eating even healthier than before. It's been over a week now and though the pounds haven't all jumped over board (lol, do I wish!) I do feel like I have more energy, which is a huge plus!

Tonight I had a can of low-fat beans in tomato sauce to which I added just a tiny pinch of hot chilli flakes, 1/4 an English cucumber and a little bit of whole wheat grainery bread to dip in the beans. It was actually a really delicious meal :)

Good for you!!!!!! You go girl:mrgreen:

I do often fix stuff like this for my friends/family! I don't mind in the least taking a long time over it, I find cooking very soothing...but tonight it's for a girlfriend I haven't seen in a while.

long drive in early this AM so haven't really thought of dinner yet.:(
In the freezer, I have 3 (1 pound) foil prepared bags/containers of seasoned cooked ground beef. I'm thinking of taking it out to defrost, and mixing it in a sauce of cream of celery soup using 1/2 milk to dilute and half sour cream. Cooking it all together, and pouring it over wide buttered noodles. Spinach in olive oil/garlic/lemon/parmesan cheese/s&p. Out of the freezer can also come the rest of the Sally Lunn's biscuits I made.

Sounds maybe a bit boring, but hearty and filling and warm on a ''promising to be'' cold night.:huh:

OR, I'm going to Afreet's house.......just read your dinner post! Yummo!:ROFLMAO:

(Afreet) wrote:...Romaine and baby spinach salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, sugar snap peas, caramelized almonds, feta cheese and Paul Newman's raspberry/walnut dressing
Sauteed crawfish tossed with 3-cheese tortellini and homemade alfredo sauce, garnished with fresh parsley and red bell pepper rings
Baked Brie in puff pastry with pecans, bourbon, and brown sugar, with apple slices and crackers for serving

Last edited:
Grilling by the pool in LA. Skewers with oysters, bacon,onions and bell peppers. Then rice pilaf and some fresh fruit.
The holiday visitors have come and gone and I'm back to cooking for two.

A huge bowl of Venison stew with garlic bread on the side...

I have a huuuuge pot, and noone I know round here seems to eat the stuff...any body wanna bowl?

Last edited:
Mexican food tonight - ground beef picadillo in taco shells topped with shredded colby jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, cilantro and hot sauce, Spanish rice and white rice(have special request) and black beans

PA Baker said:
....DH packed up the gas grill and rolled it inot the garage for the winter, never thinking we have a day like this where it's 61 out!:rolleyes:

I miss my gas grill. It is on the back porch under a tarp. Everytime I think about using the grill, it decides to storm. So, I have been using the grill pan and the GF grill.

For dinner I had tacos with all the toppings.

My mom/dad's car has been misbehaving, so I was chauffer today to take the car to the shop 55 miles away. It was a looooonnnnnggggg day but I came home with some pork chops. Hubby grilled them and I made a cheesy grits casserole to go with. That was it - with a glass of wine! Long day and I'm ready to call it a night!!

Back
Top Bottom