Dinner Monday 10/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well change of plans. Our youngest son wanted tacos and he won out. So we'll be having soft tacos and black bean salad.

I've got a roast in the crock pot, so we are having pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots and green beans. Pumpkin pie for dessert.
I can transform the roast leftovers into a beef/veggie soup later this week - its has turned cold here, its soup weather.

pdswife said:
Paul got his first deer on Friday so... we'll be having fresh venison.

Wow! Pavlos must be a good hunter! How about sending some over. It's been a long time since I have sizzling deer meat with spring onion and ginger in a claypot.

I am trying so hard to watch what I eat because I want to lose weight.

At the moment I think I will have a Lean Cuisine for dinner but I am still not sure.

Alix said:
Think tonight we will either have parmesan chicken or lemon herb chicken GRILLED (see Elfie, I can talk southern too! :rolleyes: ). It is so beautiful outside today that might be the way we go. I'll wait til the girls get home and let them decide. Think we will also have some yellow beans and carrots from the garden and I can't decide on a carb. I am sick to bloody death of potatoes, and if I serve rice Ken might think I'm mad at him. Suggestions anyone?
Alix,
how does your family feel about angel hair pasta or linguine? Have they ever had mizithra cheese? One of our favorites is pasta with butter, mizithra cheese and a little parm mixed together with some salt and pepper if they don't mind pepper.Cade, and Ethan will eat a bowl full of this like it was ice cream...pasta and butter and parmesan are great to, it seems to go with just about anything and is easy, and tastes so good. I sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley on top to make em think I worked like the dickens on it!

kadesma:)

Last edited:
We actually had a home cooked meal tonight. Filipino pancit and yesterday's chili with cornbread.

kadesma said:
Alix,
how does your family feel about angel hair pasta or linguine? Have they ever had mizithra cheese? One of our favorites is pasta with butter, mizithra cheese and a little parm mixed together with some salt and pepper if they don't mind pepper.Cade, and Ethan will eat a bowl full of this like it was ice cream...pasta and butter and parmesan are great to, it seems to go with just about anything and is easy, and tastes so good. I sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley on top to make em think I worked like the dickens on it!

kadesma:)

Hey kadesma, thats very nearly what I did. I did some baby shells and tossed them with butter and parmesan for the girls (LOVE mizithra but don't have any) and I did a creamy garlic sauce on the rest of the noodles for Ken and I. It was really lovely and a nice complement to the lemony chicken. It was a light meal but I am completely STUFFED! No room for dessert. Thank God I didn't make that Caramel Apple cake today. (Doing that one tomorrow)

It's my bimonthly steak night, so 1-1/2" ribeye in the cast iron skillet, carmelized onion, baked potato to soak up the jus, and haricots verts w/ shallots and sherry. One of my favorites; simple, but good.

Well, my dinner was just LOVERLY! I had to work until 8:00 (thought I was getting off at 5:00) so it was sandwiches from Subway on the way home - ICK!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom