Dinner Monday 11th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that looks so SICK, andy! bet even your SO didn't have a disparaging word, this time....:)

yeah, as i understand it, 'bad' and 'dope' and 'sick' are all words that mean 'wonderful' today.:)

Thanks, all. SO loved it. I ate way more than I should have and still have a lunch in the fridge.

The issue with making this is that you end up with a lot of leftover ingredients. I used about 20% of a Napa cabbage and 1/3 of the sprouts in the bag.

Last edited:
Thanks, all. SO loved it. I ate way more than I should have and still have a lunch in the fridge.

The issue with making this is that you end up with a lot of leftover ingredients. I used about 20% of a Napa cabbage and 1/3 of the sprouts in the bag.

Silly boy, you make it ALL up and invite your favourite DC friends to join you - then there is no waste! (I'll bring some dessert if you invite me! ;))

I went down to Albuquerque all day with my house designer, looking at tile, countertops and cabinets, we had a blast but I am whupped. Just polished off a grilled cheese.

I have some brined pork chops for the grill. Mashed potato's on the side (and some kraut for me) and a salad. We still have some butter pound cake for desert.

I've never brined my chops before. It will be interesting to see the difference.

Another fave restaurant, another fantastic dish, Pescado Rellano:

image-3656303490.jpg

We split it. A fish filet stuffed with all kinds of seafood and baked in foil with a butter and cream sauce. Lots of garlic bread to sop up the juices, heaven.

I went down to Albuquerque all day with my house designer, looking at tile, countertops and cabinets, we had a blast but I am whupped. Just polished off a grilled cheese.

hey, hey, hey! bethzaring, sure would love to hear more about your adventures with house designing--some particulars about what you like/don't like for your kitchen tiles, counter tops, cabinets, etc., etc. so exciting!! maybe you could start a new house-building thread....?:)

I have some brined pork chops for the grill. Mashed potato's on the side (and some kraut for me) and a salad. We still have some butter pound cake for desert.

I've never brined my chops before. It will be interesting to see the difference.

Epic fail. The pork chops were dry and tough. Oh well. Scratch the brining of pork chops. Maybe we should have thread called "Dogs Dinner" for meals that didn't work out. Not that I would feed my dogs these chops. :(

We are just waiting for Dad's Estate to settle and we are planning to remodel the kitchen in his honour (if we decide not to move, but we will probably remodel the one in the new place too!). Dad always wanted me to have things more accessible like drawers instead of bottom shelves where I can't reach anything and a lazy susan cupboard instead of having to go to the store room for my extra food items. So I can't wait to look for tile, countertops and cabinets as well. We have been watching a lot of renovation shows on TV and getting a ton of ideas!

Did the Hellmans chicken(mayo with Parm cheese slathered on a BLSL chicken breast and sprinkled with Italian bread crumbs) last night, its one of our favs. Did some quinoa and a salad with it.

We are just waiting for Dad's Estate to settle and we are planning to remodel the kitchen in his honour (if we decide not to move, but we will probably remodel the one in the new place too!). Dad always wanted me to have things more accessible like drawers instead of bottom shelves where I can't reach anything and a lazy susan cupboard instead of having to go to the store room for my extra food items. So I can't wait to look for tile, countertops and cabinets as well. We have been watching a lot of renovation shows on TV and getting a ton of ideas!
Drawers are great. So is a wall-mount oven. When I go to my mom's, I love the pullout lower drawers instead of bottom shelves and covet the wall-mount oven and flat-top stove.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom