Dinner Monday, 12-4-2017, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We're having pasta primavera. I know technically it's the wrong time of the year, but the skinny little asparagus are in season now here so we're going with the flow.

Attachments

• 2017-12-04 16.59.16.jpg
    2017-12-04 16.59.16.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 246
Glenn and I had our Thanksgiving meal last Monday and we've had myriad leftovers here and there. Today will be the creme de la creme when we'll have what amounts to the Center Cafe's (in Union Station in Washington, DC) turkey-wild rice soup. Not sure if I got it completely accurate but the sample tastings surely is doggone yummy.

We'll have homemade baguette slathered with butter as our bread. Not sure there will be a reason for dessert because the soup is hearty and a bit rich.

I had the old meat-and-three at Norma's Cafe -- chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra and green beans. Therefore, I'm not hungry, so dinner will become grazing, tonight.

CD

I keep saying this may be the last hurrah, weather wise, and this time regrettably, I may be right. Anyway, grilled burgers and packet potatoes on the weber.

Hard to believe our beloved Kadesma passed away this week back in 2013, and I've been thinking of her. I'll be doing one of my favorite recipes of hers tonight.

Pork Chops in Onion Sauce by Kadesma

3-Tab. butter
5-med. onions, sliced thin
1/2-c.whipping cream
1-tea. sugar
1/2-c.a/p flour
4-pork chops 3/4in. thick
3-Tab. evoo (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Melt butter in large skillet. When melted add onions. Cover and cook on med. heat till pale yellow. Stir in the cream and sugar. Cook about 2 min. longer. Dust the chops with the flour. Heat the evoo in a skillet large enough to hold the 4 chops. Add chops and cook til golden on each side. Then add chops to onion cream mixture, cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer 20 min or so til chops are tender. Season with salt and pepper, place on warm platter and spoon the onion cream sauce over the chops.

I must make mashed spuds, and SC will do salads.

Last edited:
Eye round roast, mashed red and yellow potatoes (with butter, green onion and chive cream cheese spread and half and half), steamed baby spinach and burgundy pan gravy.

eye_round_120417_1_IMG_3493.jpg

eye_round_120417_2_IMG_3502.jpg

Kayelle, I've been thinking about Ma lately, too. Sometimes I'll read old threads just to read her posts. Such a kind and helpful soul...

We ate at the diner across from the hotel. Himself had lasagna and a salad; I had an old standard of meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Half of my supper is in the mini fridge. Breakfast of Champions! ?

Sure were some good lookin' (and sounding!) dinners here last night! :yum:

I had a mushroom omelet and a mango.

Back
Top Bottom