Dinner Monday 12th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I just chopped a huge mound of peppers, corgettes, aubergine, onion, and a couple of tomatoes, put them in a roasting dish with a few cloves of garlic, and that will be my supper! DH will have his with pasta and cheese, I think I'll have mine as they are, I am in a vegetable mood today :chef:

What are you going to cook today? :)

Not sure yet, suspose to go out w/friends. Between today and Wed. we're suspose to get 6-10 inches of snow !!!!! If I don't go out, will fix beef, mushrooms and noodles, garlic bread and runny pecan pie!

Update !!
Going out with some friends, for .25 wings and drinks -snow has slowed done!!

Last edited:
Going Chinese tonight. Steamed fish with leeks and shitake mushrooms, and onion egg omelette served with plain rice.

So far, no idea. Last nights meal was Cincinnati chili as it seemed the likely winner to beat out plain chili and salad and corn bread. That's gotta be one of my favorite meals. Home made chili, over steamed spaghetti with cheddar cheese and chopped onions.

But tonight, no clue, I'll see what suits my fancy later.

Wow, I never heard of that LEFS...wonder if DH wound like it. Took a while to get hm to love chili, but now he does, which is great as I adore it.

LEFSElover said:
So far, no idea. Last nights meal was Cincinnati chili as it seemed the likely winner to beat out plain chili and salad and corn bread. That's gotta be one of my favorite meals. Home made chili, over steamed spaghetti with cheddar cheese and chopped onions.

But tonight, no clue, I'll see what suits my fancy later.
Yum, one of my favorites too !! Now will have to make some soon !!!!

My beautiful red-headed daughter's 25th birthday is today...Will be taking her out to dinner at a place of her choosing...Since daddy is picking up the tab I am sure it will be..."nice":rolleyes:

Uncle Bob said:
My beautiful red-headed daughter's 25th birthday is today...Will be taking her out to dinner at a place of her choosing...Since daddy is picking up the tab I am sure it will be..."nice":rolleyes:
"Happy Birthday" to your daughter !! :sorcerer:

lulu said:
Wow, I never heard of that LEFS...wonder if DH wound like it. Took a while to get hm to love chili, but now he does, which is great as I adore it.

My chili turned out really nice. I guess I got lucky with the ingreds I put in it this time, you know how it can be a hit or a miss. I love spaghetti noodles, always have, and when Bob's Big Boy used to serve up chili a top of them then sprinkled cheese and onions over all, I thought it was shear genius. Then in my older years, I came to understand that's Cincinnati chili at it's finest!:LOL:

Barb L. said:
Yum, one of my favorites too !! Now will have to make some soon !!!!

I don't know why it works so well in my mind, but it does, simple and delicious. Plus the crock pot makes it so easy, you just check it and give a stir every once in a while.:-p

Uncle Bob said:

Happy Happy birthday to that daughter of yours. Happy Happy birthday and may her day be filled with everything she wants and more.......:ROFLMAO:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I am putting that recipe in the bread section so you can all taste this wonderful moist treat yourselves.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/cornbread-supreme-32335.html#post399481

Last edited:
I'm flying solo tonight so I get to make my favorite no-meat loaf! Yummy recipe out of Delia's Vegetarian cookbook. Steamed asparagus on the side!

Getting treated to dinner at Il Portico. WHOOEE! Its a rather fancy Italian place I've been wanting to try for ages. I'm not sure what I'm going to have, but I bet I can guess what Ken will have...canneloni!

The girls are getting french onion soup for dinner as they will be at a ball skills clinic while we dine.

Enjoy a very special dinner, Alix and Ken!!:)

We just bought a package of big fat smoked German wurstels from Lidl, we are going to have some of that with krauts on arabic flat bread (sort of like pita). Very eclectic combination, but they roll the sausages quite nicely!!

We still have leftovers from the party...sliced pork, chicken and dumplings, pasta salad, potato salad and pie. I'd like to do something a little different with the pork besides sandwiches...it sure would be good with mashed potatoes and gravy or dressing. I'm also thinking of making some of it into a Reuben-type sandwich. We shall see.

yeah, it`s like an ordinary sausage to look at but a little more Red, and the filling contains not only the meat etc... but also Tomato.

you can get them with Leeks or Mint or herbs and so forth in too.

Wow, this is a complete novelty!! I did have garlic sausages which are pretty good, but tomato sausage!! Very interesting!

Back
Top Bottom