Dinner Monday 12th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just some burgers .. made up some extra patties a week ago and froze them.. so that and who knows.. tired and lazy feeling..

I've decided to make breakfast for supper tonight. I will make bacon, eggs, toast, orange juice, and English Teatime tea.

Where did you find Kobe beef, Chef? I thought it was only available in Japan, and maybe to a very few restaurants here?

Actually, no restaurants outside of Japan have it either Dawg. Here's more on the subject. Many people here have been ripped off with outrageous prices for so called "Kobe Beef".

Food's Biggest Scam: The Great Kobe Beef Lie - Forbes

Interesting there is an update to the above article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryol...ck-new-rules-allow-some-japanese-beef-in-u-s/

Last edited:
Kayelle said:
Actually, no restaurants outside of Japan have it either Dawg. Here's more on the subject. Many people here have been ripped off with outrageous prices for so called "Kobe Beef".

Food's Biggest Scam: The Great Kobe Beef Lie - Forbes

Thanks, Kayelle. Yes, I had read the article. I also see where the author has posted an edit, as of this past August it has been possible, though rare, to get real Kobe here, but still, buyer beware.

Kobe beef is available here in S. California at Bristol Farms.
It i$ Kobe beef.
It i$ outrageou$ly priced :ohmy:

Homemade chicken pot pies, pineapple cottage cheese.

Last edited:
Kobe beef is available here in S. California at Bristol Farms.
It i$ Kobe beef.
It i$ outrageou$ly priced :ohmy:

Homemade chicken pot pies, pineapple cottage cheese.

Kobe beef is raised in Kobe Japan under certain conditions. In other locations, the same breed of cattle as Kobe beef, Wagyu, is raised and often sold as Kobe. It is outrageously priced.

That looks like an absolutely wonderful dinner, and thank you for the pictures. I'm ready to get a fork!

Just one thing.......check out the conversation on the dinner thread tonight about Kobe beef.;)

I went with the BLT and homemade potato chips.

Attachments

• BLT & chips.jpg
    BLT & chips.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 266
I would post the link but we're not allowed...but look online....you can easily find it....prices are high, yes.

The last time I posted a link I got a private message that I am not allowed to post links to any external sites, if it can not be viewed here, I can not post it......

I would post the link but we're not allowed...but look online....you can easily find it....prices are high, yes.

The Bristol Farms website makes it clear they sell Wagyu beef, the breed of cattle raised in Japan where they produce Kobe beef.

Yes, I know Andy. There are a couple of places who sell it. Exotic Meats does also.

Last edited:
Prepping today's menu: Braised kobe steak, bacon wrapped shrimp, red bliss potatoes, broccoli, and sauteed mushrooms.

Your dinner looks superb ChefDB. I don't think I could eat mine that rare though. Although I do like braised Ahi... so you never know until you try eh?:yum:

ahhh, Kayelle. You are so right. I see it is 'kobe style'.
Not what the butcher at BF in Palm Desert, CA. told me. Maybe he doesn't have a computer hehe
Thanks for setting me straight and the correct info :ermm: :LOL:

You're so welcome, CM. My Daddy was a meat cutter and market owner back in the day. He's rolling over in his grave with what butchers don't know these days and he would be horrified with this Kobe beef scam that's going on now.
Wagyu beef is the breed of cattle from which Kobe beef comes. It's arguable if they are any more special than other breeds. Only Wagyu beef from the Kobe district in Japan, raised according to the rules of the governing agency can legally be called Kobe beef. Wagyu cattle are now being raised in this country and some are calling it "American Kobe" however there aren't any husbandry rules about how they must be raised, fed etc. here, so I can't see why they would be so special here, other than the beef is wildly overpriced and many agree, a scam pure and simple.

Back
Top Bottom