Dinner Monday 12th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a dog's breakfast for dinner. I started out late because my neighbor had a broke electric guitar and I got da skills to fix it, so I got a Jackson to cover for my dinner costs but I had to delay my dinner until the git player played on his fixed git fiddle, because he developed his problem late in the day. (The repair involved precision soldering. The local guitar center wanted 2.5x the price.)

I was going to have sushi/sashimi but the late job got me hungry at 6 and my tuna still frozen, so I opted for a dog's breakfast. This was especially fitting considering that I had only enough dog food for half of my doggy's dinner. And I've been with him for 14 years so of course I cannot let him go hungry.

So I nibbled on stuff and served doggy the last of his canned food, then nuked a MRE for us to share. Alas he got most of the MRE since he has his quota (what I like to call his "pay check") so I foraged more.

I eventually pan fried some shrimp gyoza thanks to my friend Yashan's recipe, just pour equal amounts of soy sauce and rice vinegar in a skillet and skillet steam or pan fry them, then serve them with the pan juices over. I was still hungry so I had some pork shumai as a chaser.

So now okay with my dog's breakfast for dinner, and doggy looks good too since he has his daily ration and looks content.. and in fact I think he's totally dozed! :)

So dinner tonight for me was a dog's breakfast--partially shared with my dog--and I'll have the sushi-sashimi tomorrow night, when I have the time to refrigerator thaw the tuna. This tuna is already dead but there's no reason to disrespect it's contribution to sashimi heaven.

Besides, there's a sweet point in taking QF sashimi tuna into the right cutting temperature... Too cold and the knife won't bite it, bounces off, you need a mallet. Too soft and the flesh tears or mashes. Hit it just right and the sharp chef's knife just slices off perfect sashimi slices.

Then sort thru your sashimi for the sloppy pieces and do a Psycho number on them and whack them into mince, then mix some mayonnaise and Sriracha into them and you're good to go for spicy tuna roll. (Just add sushi rice and some nori.)

So I have postopned my Japanese feast for tomorrow night. My found for fixing the guitar will pay for my tuna! I can see myself now, on a freeway off-ramp, "Will fix guitars for sushi grade tuna!":mrgreen:

Last edited:
The finished dish of our enchiladas.:yum:

36788-albums799-picture5191.jpg

Thanks Snip. It was very yummy. The biggest problem I run into with the green chili sauce is the heat consistency of the pablano chilis.:(

Were they too hot?

P.S what was the filling?

They weren't hot enough, so I added serranos too. The filling consisted of shredded chicken which I had grilled on Sunday, some of the chili sauce and shredded muenster cheese. The cheese topping was also muenster as Oaxaca cheese is not always available and it is expensive here.

They weren't hot enough, so I added serranos too. The filling consisted of shredded chicken which I had grilled on Sunday, some of the chili sauce and shredded muenster cheese. The cheese topping was also muenster as Oaxaca cheese is not always available and it is expensive here.

That's a pitty ! I have the opposite problem with mine, they are about as hot as Scotch Bonnets. Not that I mind the heat but sometimes I want to use them for flavour not just a kick. We should go halfies :LOL:

Your filling sounds good :)

Let me suggest enchilada lovers, especially diary lovers, should try Enchiladas Suisas ("Swiss style" enchiladas), a favorite of mine. Chili verde (green) and covered with cream before baking.

Back
Top Bottom