Dinner, Monday 13th April.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a nice looking bowl of tasty, Wysh.

We might be able to finish the Neverending-Pot-of-Brunswick-Stew tonight. I've already frozen 3 quarts! I'll make a romaine salad to go with. Thinking of Greeking it up with chopped pistachios, black olives, Feta cheese.

Spicy meatball freekeh soup. Uses a middle eastern spice blend, baharat, plus more of the cinnamon, allspice and coriander. Smells wonderful, we'll see how it tastes. I precooked the freekeh, after soaking it for a couple of hours, for about 40 minutes in the pressure cooker since DH wasn't thrilled with the firm texture the first time we tried it.

Spicy meatball freekeh soup. Uses a middle eastern spice blend, baharat, plus more of the cinnamon, allspice and coriander. Smells wonderful, we'll see how it tastes. I precooked the freekeh, after soaking it for a couple of hours, for about 40 minutes in the pressure cooker since DH wasn't thrilled with the firm texture the first time we tried it.

The aroma of this soup with the warm, comforting spices, just screams tajin. Since we don't have dried apricots, I keep threatening to add golden raisins!:rolleyes: It is really making my mouth water.:yum:

SO's stomach is a bit unsettled so I offered some of my freshly made stock for a bowl of soup but she declined.

I'm having something out of the freezer.

In honor of National Grilled Cheese Day in the states, we're having grilled cheese sandwiches - colby jack cheese on marbled rye. YUM I'll probably saute some rainbow carrots to go with it, as I love any excuse to eat carrots that are any color but orange. <grin>

....I'll make a romaine salad to go with (soup). Thinking of Greeking it up with chopped pistachios, black olives, Feta cheese.
When I asked Himself what he thought of tonight's salad, he said "wonderful". Considering he usually answers "good" or "alright", I'm floating right now! All told, the romaine (with the very last of some baby spinach) was dressed with olives, Feta, pistachios, capers, tomato, and a fresh-made dressing of OO, red wine vinegar, fresh-ground pepper, and some Penzeys Greek Seasoning.

BTW, the Penzeys mix is tasting too salty to me anymore. After all, salt is the first ingredient. Has anyone had the Greek seasoning blend from the Spice House? Their's does not have salt, so I can add it myself to taste.

I found a couple of packages of English Bangers in the half price bin of the meat department. There may be a handful of people in this town who even know what they are. Tonight we had a classic English treat..Bangers and Mash. There's no possible way I'll never ever eat the usual mushy peas again to go with it, so I made green beans with onion and bacon in chicken broth. Good eating..

img_1417751_0_90b1d2fc193edc208fe4b25bea4d7910.jpg

Last edited:
Chicken noodle soup in my new double boiler, yum, and a bowl of cut up honeydew melon and raspberries. Burp!

Finished off the roasted leek-red pepper-kale lasagna and had a tossed salad using romaine lettuce and a bunch of other stuff. Dressed with harissa EVOO and dark chocolate balsamic vinegar (my new favorite combo), S&P.

I found a couple of packages of English Bangers in the half price bin of the meat department. There may be a handful of people in this town who even know what they are. Tonight we had a classic English treat..Bangers and Mash. There's no possible way I'll never ever eat the usual mushy peas again to go with it, so I made green beans with onion and bacon in chicken broth. Good eating..

img_1417799_0_90b1d2fc193edc208fe4b25bea4d7910.jpg

Looks good Kayelle! Sausages done to perfection.

Don't forget you can also do Toad in the Hole and also Sausages in a Yorkshire Pudding flan type of thing with Onion Gravy is also good.

Looks good Kayelle! Sausages done to perfection.

Don't forget you can also do Toad in the Hole and also Sausages in a Yorkshire Pudding flan type of thing with Onion Gravy is also good.

Thanks for the reminder about Toad In the Hole Whshie. I haven't made that in a very long time, and now I know what to do with my second package of English Bangers. I fear that because my grocery had them for half price I'll never see them there again. They are such a nice mild sausage with a unique flavor.

Thanks for the reminder about Toad In the Hole Whshie. I haven't made that in a very long time, and now I know what to do with my second package of English Bangers. I fear that because my grocery had them for half price I'll never see them there again. They are such a nice mild sausage with a unique flavor.

Check on your next trip to Trader Joe's!

tjs-irish-bangers.png

Z

Back
Top Bottom