Dinner Monday 15th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found a frozen turkey breast in the local market for 99 cents a pound!

I did a little surgery on it and made a boneless roast.

The bones, rib meat and odd bits of skin are in the soup kettle bubbling away.

It is cold right now so I am thinking soup for supper!

I will use the roasted turkey in salads this week for lunch.

We're off to my sister's tonight. Our brother is visiting from California with his daughter. Sis will be preparing some Armenian delicacies. So made a pan of paklava as our contribution.

Possible rain here today. They said that yesterday. It didn't happen. :-p

Scalloped potatoes, roasted chicken, fresh salad, veggies, bread sounds good.

Shrimp and vegetable stir-fry, rice & spring rolls from my fave Chinese take-out. Wish I could make it in 5 mins like he does. The vegetables are great and varied, bok choy, carrots, onion, broccoli, zucchini, baby corn, mushrooms. Yummy!

Not sure what to make tonight. I forgot to take anything out this morning. I'm thinking maybe breakfast for supper sounds good. Sausage, eggs, pancakes...yes, I think I will go with that.:chef:

Spelunked some black bean vegetable soup. We like it with crushed Tostitos and shredded cheddar.

We had Bacon Hawaiian dogs.

Split Nathen's dogs half way, and inserted a thin strip of bacon, and broiled till done. Then we used toasted top split Hawaiian hot dog buns, and topped with pineapple/jalapeno/onion/cilantro salsa. We also had oven roasted asparagus topped with Parm cheese.

We are having Butter Chicken and naan bread :)

Kylie dear, I'm afraid you're going to turn INTO a Butter Chicken.:chef:

Played with my food last night. Cut up and lightly seamed asparagus. Cut up two boneless chicken breasts and seared them in half butter/half olive oil. Removed chicken and browned thick sliced mushrooms in the pan. Removed the fungi and made a bit of sauce with the drippings, a bit more butter and oil, a good chunk of Neufchatel cheese, and some Chardonnay. Added back the chicken, mushrooms and asparagus then tossed in some fresh basil. Mixed in a good amount of fettuccine and we each promptly had two plates full. :yum: We use small plates - it's more fun to have "two helpings" and not feel guilty that way.

Back
Top Bottom