Dinner Monday 15th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I've taken out steak mince, thinking of making curried meat balls with basmati and baked garlic butternuts.
Might change my mind :LOL:
I'm not in the mood for more meat so I think I will just have the sides or a bowl of soup.

Big day today in Italy: it's Ferragosto, from the Latin "feriae Augusti", the rest of Augustus. The holiday was established by the emperor Ottaviano Augusto in the year 18 b.C. (it coincides with the catholic celebration of the Assumption of Mary).
Today we will have lasagne and saltimbocca alla romana (veal rolled with prosciutto and sauce, fried in a pan).
Buon appetito!

Last edited:
It just goes to show how many time zones we are in. It's 5 a.m. here and I am thinking about dinner. I'm also looking at a big basket of tomatoes and deciding if it is time to start preparing them for the freezer, or if I want to give some away.

We are having cheeseburgers. The beef I have is grass-fed and this is my first time using grass-fed beef. I'm not sure about the sides yet. Maybe roasted sweet potatoes and fruit salad.

Tonight I go audition for the local choral society so we will likely eat in shifts. I'm thinking Mexican. I have ground beef already cooked that I'll add spices, onion, pinto beans and corn. Then all I have to do is set out the flour tortillas, sour cream, cheese and lettuce and tomatoes and folks can make what they want when they want.

I bought some lamb stew meat on the bone. I'm going to incorporate that into a stew with okra, tomato, onion and maybe bell pepper along with some seasonings.

chicken noodle soup... I have the chicken with broth in the small crock-pot now. I'm going to cook the vegies in the oven... gives it a heartier flavor.

Big day today in Italy: it's Ferragosto, from the Latin "feriae Augusti", the rest of Augustus. The holiday was established by the emperor Ottaviano Augusto in the year 18 b.C. (it coincides with the catholic celebration of the Assumption of Mary).
Today we will have lasagne and saltimbocca alla romana (veal rolled with prosciutto and sauce, fried in a pan).
Buon appetito!

very interesting, luca.
i wonder which came first? not chronologically, of course, but when did catholics decide when was mary's assumption vs. when did the calendar change for the addition of the emporers? gotta look it up.

and why saltimboca? i had it last night. i guess the chef knew what i was doing... lol.

I'm going to make some loaded mac and cheese, too... to go with the ribs. I picked up some of the town grocer's homemade potato salad earlier. I've got about 2-1/2 hours to decide on what flavor sauce I've got a taste for. Maybe I'll try doctoring up some of that on sale Masterpiece I recently bought.

I'm still full from finishing off the leftover Stuffed Ham from this weekends festivities. If I get hungry later, I think I will make a salad.:pig:

Was a toss-up between Smoked shrimp and Thai Beef Salad tonight.. Going with the Thai Beef salad and shopping for the smoked shrimp stuff for thursday night dinner.

-Damien

We has Sloppy Joes (Manwiches, Messy Petes) and salad tonight. Quick N Easy!!

img_1037650_0_4fec808955f366d7ac831f8bc83fa845.jpg
chicken noodle soup... I have the chicken with broth in the small crock-pot now. I'm going to cook the vegies in the oven... gives it a heartier flavor.

Back
Top Bottom