Dinner Monday 18th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
For dinner tonight we are making a Green Curry Chicken with basmati rice and some pappadoms on the side :yum:

we're going to the devils/senators hockey game this afternoon, so lunch will be at the arena.

not sure what will be for dinner. probably something quick and easy like pasta and salad.

go devils!!!

btw, happy presidents to my fellow americans!

we're going to the devils/senators hockey game this afternoon, so lunch will be at the arena.

not sure what will be for dinner. probably something quick and easy like pasta and salad.

go devils!!!

btw, happy presidents to my fellow americans!
Devils probably win this one. Senators have been decimated by injuries. I think it the season is over for Ottawa, already....

Jr went to the Mn Wild/ Red Wings game yesterday. The Wild, a lackluster team on a good day beat the Red Wings. He said the Wings have a too many injured players too.

TODAY I am making sloppy joes. 3rd attempt to put together a simple dinner. Got a late invite with some friends yesterday. Ham and scalpt potatoes. mmm. I'm afraid the buns I baked the other day are no longer oven-fresh.

Hamburgers for us. I think I'll just have some snacky things for lunch and then an early supper since I have rehearsal tonight. Not sure what will go with the burgers just yet. Got some frozen veggies that I may cook up and some cheese sauce left from the broccoli the other night that can get added to the mixed veggies for something different.

Asparagus here. The town store has some nice asparagus on sale this week for 1.99 a bunch and I aim to take advantage of it.

am about to leave the apartment for the day, probably will be able to manage a grilled cheese (Jarlesberg swiss, red onion, and honey mustard) when I get back late today.

We're having ginger beef stir-fry with snowpea's and tomato's on jasmine rice. I bought a frozen dutch apple pie to bake off. HagenDasz. A low maintenance night.

TODAY I am making sloppy joes. 3rd attempt to put together a simple dinner. Got a late invite with some friends yesterday. Ham and scalpt potatoes. mmm. I'm afraid the buns I baked the other day are no longer oven-fresh.

Pfft. 3 strikes and I am out. I am so destined not to make Sloppy Joes this week. And I like 'em. It is 35 F/ 1.7 C and warm. I can just Feel the sap rising in the maples in the backyard. I have not grilled out all winter. Had the doors open earlier to air out the house a little. The little girls went out as far as the steps and came back in after while. Dusted the snow off the weber and am going to grill burgers, toast the buns and paint some onion slices with bbq sauce. I have cheddar to melt on top. Sour cream dip and chips. Wok grill basket at the ready with some thawed broccoli sitting on the counter. This is what's for dinner. It's a go.

Last edited:
Sorry those sloppy Joes aren't working out for you, Whiskadoodle.

I have leftover roasted potatoes so I'm going to smash them and bake them to a little crispy. We will also have burgers and green salad.

Last edited:
O salad would be good. I have cabbage and can whip up some cole slaw in a jiffy. I am so please it stays light out later, pert near 6 pm my time.

A chicken quesadilla and a beer for me. A hot open face chicken sandwich with gravy and beets for SO.

I'm still not eating much so will probably have another bowl of cauliflower soup. TB had a couple of samosas from the organic store near our doctor, then had a hot dog when we got home before taking a couple of sandwiches for work.

So nothing fancy at the Beier household today!

Back
Top Bottom