Dinner Monday, 2-8-2016 ~ Happy Chinese New Year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. Who has Chinese food on their plates?

I'm hoping to get pineapple fried rice made for dinner tonight. Tried it for the first time last year and was surprised how very much I liked it! Even Himself thought it was yummy. Rather than send him out to pick some up from our favorite Thai place, five miles and at least five steep hills away (it's been snowing all day), I have everything I need to make it. Except if I don't cook the danged rice soon it won't be chilled enough for the fried rice. Better get hoppin'! :LOL: ~ If all else fails, we have soup. Boy, do we have soup!

Love pineapple fried rice! :yum:

I'm thinking tuna casserole here.

I made a small pot of split pea soup this morning, I will have that with the last of my red pepper strips and dip.

Got broccoli cheese soup going and will have sandwiches with it. Had dental work this afternoon and I'm still numb.

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. Who has Chinese food on their plates?

I'm hoping to get pineapple fried rice made for dinner tonight. Tried it for the first time last year and was surprised how very much I liked it! Even Himself thought it was yummy. Rather than send him out to pick some up from our favorite Thai place, five miles and at least five steep hills away (it's been snowing all day), I have everything I need to make it. Except if I don't cook the danged rice soon it won't be chilled enough for the fried rice. Better get hoppin'! :LOL: ~ If all else fails, we have soup. Boy, do we have soup!

Spread out the rice on a cookie sheet and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes.

We're having "clean out fridge" night here. I'd like some salad though.

Pineapple fried rice sounds good.

No Chinese dinner here tonight, although that might have to be on the menu soon. :yum: Tonight's dinner is leftover grilled chicken from yesterday, a small potato salad I made this morning, and a loaded up green salad with lots of crunchy veggies.

Had a doctor's appointment this morning, which took a small chunk out of the day. Knowing that, I took a meatloaf out of the freezer. We had that, steamed rice and Italian green beans. No Chinese New Year food for us...unless you count the rice.

No Chinese here tonight, either. We had leftover pork chile verde over rice with lime juice and crispy tortilla strips.

Attachments

• 1454983614832.jpg
    1454983614832.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 181
Gong Hey Fat Choy

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It is tradition that one eats noodles for luck and longevity

012.JPG

So I made Fried Saimin with loads of veggies,
shredded Carrots & Cabbage, Mung Bean Sprouts,
Sweet White Onion & Green Onions, hunks of
Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork)
... so that's the Chinese on our plate,
along with Japanese Teriyaki b/s Chicken Thighs
and then Korean, my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee...

DELICIOUS!

for dessert, I made a double batch of
Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies,
dripped in Dark Chocolate...
one batch was mailed to my Mother for
Valentines Day, and the rest stay here!
(I'll post this on the dessert thread ;) )

Got the pineapple fried rice made. Yay! Unfortunately, it wasn't anywhere near as good as I remember the one from our fave Thai place. Himself also decided he wasn't a fan of the pineapple in it after all. Guess I'll just order when we go out. Meanwhile, I might end up doing another fried rice soon. :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-02-08 21.01.33.jpg
    2016-02-08 21.01.33.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 172
No Chinese here either. We went Cuban with Ropa Vieja, black beans and rice, We used some of the liquid the beef was first cooked in for the rice.

37240-albums1008-picture6368.jpg

Back
Top Bottom