Dinner Monday 24th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making Jamie Olivers pork sausage pasta and having some grilled ciabatta too

I just put a southwestern flavored chicken/ potato/ onion/ peppers / cheese frittata in the oven. Salsa and sour cream at the ready. Beginning to smell good.

Brining the thick-cut pork chops with CraigC's recipe and hoping the weather holds out. Everything but the Caprese salad will be grilled: pork chops, zucchini, and potato planks.

Today was the first day of summer school. I stopped at the store on my way home. They had strip steaks (pkg of 2) on clearance so I thought that would be good for tonight. DH was to be out of town on a business trip and it would just be me and the yungun home. I got home, put groceries away, checked my email. DH's trip got postponed! 2 Steaks and 3 people. Sent the yungun back out and he picked up 2 more. So we had grilled strip steaks, mashed taters and gravy and salads. Vanilla bean ice cream with chocolate, butterscotch or caramel toppings for dessert.

Had meat left from a Costco roasted chicken, so decided on Chicken and Noodles. I didn't make noodles from scratch (work day) but it was still yummy :)

Rain didn't give up until I put the chops back in the 'fridge, baked a box of Barber stuffed chicken breasts, made broccoli instead of zucchini, and sat down to eat. Hope we can cook those chops tomorrow, but it took three tries before the weather cooperated for our Fathers' Day steaks. *sigh*

We had take-out pizza from a place where we don't normally order. When I called it in, not having a menu, I just said, everything on it, and burn it. Guy asked if I'd like pineapple and jalapenos, sure, why not? It was really good, and VERY filling, DH and I could only eat one piece each! We'll have pizza for awhile, something usually unheard of here! I'm gonna freeze some.

Back
Top Bottom