Dinner Monday 25th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buffalo ribeye steak and roasted broccoli gratin tonight. The doc told me I should try to eat more iron, calcium, and protein rich foods until my ankle heals. Who am I to argue?

dw is going to roast a chicken, and probably making mashed pertaters and some kind of steamed veggie to go with it. we ate out all weekend, so it'll be nice to have a plain, home cooked meal.

I'm simmering a batch of tomato sauce with Italian sausage. It will be served over penne rigate with a salad along side to keep the nutrition police at bay.

Changed my mind. I had to stop at the store to pick up some food for Za-Za (the geriatric Saint I'm babying right now). Saw a nice lamb chop, some arugula, and have some Meyer lemon juice. Then at the LCBO there has been an advertisement for a bottle of wine that is "perfect" with lamb (Thelema from South Africa). So I had to go there too. I am marinating the chop in the oregano, etc. (no flour, no rice) and plan on grilling it and topping it with the lemon sauce and fresh arugula, side of wild rice and steamed green beans. Inspiration from http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f51/greek-meatballs-in-asparagus-lemon-sauce-68709.html

Last edited:
I've been volunteering on Mondays at a local friend of the river (Rio Grande) organization and we go out to lunch. I came home with the other half of my club sandwich, which will be dinner.

Changed my mind. I had to stop at the store to pick up some food for Za-Za (the geriatric Saint I'm babying right now). Saw a nice lamb chop, some arugula, and have some Meyer lemon juice. Then at the LCBO there has been an advertisement for a bottle of wine that is "perfect" with lamb (Thelema from South Africa). So I had to go there too. I am marinating the chop in the oregano, etc. (no flour, no rice) and plan on grilling it and topping it with the lemon sauce and fresh arugula, side of wild rice and steamed green beans. Inspiration from http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f51/greek-meatballs-in-asparagus-lemon-sauce-68709.html
It was really GOOD. Unfortunately. my camera batteries died. I topped it with some Balkan yogurt to which I added some Meyer lemon juice, fresh mint, and garlic. YUM. Thanks for the inspiration. The lamb was AMAZING.

Chips and Homemade Salsa. My schedule was all screwed up today, so I ended up with this!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom