"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

nice thighs, bolas.

i mean the chicken, wise guy. lol. figured i'd cut you off at the pass.

what sauce did you use on them?

my little guy is very sick. his ear infection has now travelled inside and is causing him a lot of pain. i hate to see him like this. i wish i couod take away the pain knowing all too well how ear infections feel.

since he wasn't feeling well, dw sauteed chicken thighs, carrots, and potatoes and it turned out somewhere between a soup and a stew.
it was delicious nonetheless, and i hope it makes my boy feel a little better.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #32
Master Chef

DH only worked half a day today so he was home for lunch. We ate the leftover steaks from Texas Roadhouse yesterday around 2pm. Supper was just some salads. Lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, cheese, egg, French Fried Onions, mesquite chicken breasts warmed in the microwave and cut into cubes. Used serving bowls and just made huge salads. It was rather refreshing to just have such a simple meal.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm busy cleaning floors, so I'll just have a sandwich or something that won't mess up the kitchen.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

RR would call that a stoup, Bucky. Good stuff.
Hope the little fisherman feels better soon. I used to get ear infections as a tike. Warm olive oil and a cotton ball always cleared it up. Not the stuff you cook with (at least back then), but it came in a small green bottle. I imagine they have better stuff now, but it worked for me.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks pac.

he's on medication for it, but it's getting worse so he's going back to the doc in the a.m..

it kills me to hear him weakly whimpering in pain. it made him feel a little better to sit on my lap and watch "hell's kitchen" (he does a really funny gordon ramsay, critiqueing everything we cook just like the belligerent brtishman), but i wish i didn't have to go to work tonight. i would sit with him all night just to get him through like we did a few weeks ago. dw's gonna be in for a rough night.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon, Babe!

Local Thai restaurant business dinner with DH and his client. Seared scallops, seafood hot pot, Crying Tiger Beef. Much yummage.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #37
Assistant Cook

Something new for me tonight. Had to work with what I had in the house. Veal cutlets rolled over a Rockefeller mix of sautéed spinach with bacon, garlic, white wine baby bellas and Parmesan cheese. Pan seared and cooked in a red sauce with caramelized onion and roasted garlic. Served with fresh spiced carrots and asparagus. Wish I could show you guys, but haven't figured out how to up load off the iPhone
Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
thanks pac.

he's on medication for it, but it's getting worse so he's going back to the doc in the a.m..

it kills me to hear him weakly whimpering in pain. it made him feel a little better to sit on my lap and watch "hell's kitchen" (he does a really funny gordon ramsay, critiqueing everything we cook just like the belligerent brtishman), but i wish i didn't have to go to work tonight. i would sit with him all night just to get him through like we did a few weeks ago. dw's gonna be in for a rough night.
Oh, I hope he feels better soon. Ear infections are miserable. Poor kid.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks pag. he fell asleep on the couch during the president's speech tonight (smart kid), so i picked him up and put him in bed.

holy cow, while it touched my heart to do that again like when he was a baby, he's 83 pounds and 52 or 53 inches! i'm getting old.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #40
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
thanks pac.

Bucky, you give that little man of yours a very gentle hug from me. I know what ear infections are like and it isn't any fun as an adult, let alone someone of his age. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I have been up a couple of nights now with Dad so I understand.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner