Dinner Monday 25th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, lp. will do when i get home in the morning.
i hope he sleeps through the night for his and dw's sake.

how's your dad?

Dad had a couple of pretty rough nights with a pain similar to the one that put him in hospital last year, but it was much better today. I was listening for him both nights so didn't get a lot of sleep, but I think we will both rest much easier tonight. Thanks for asking, Bucky.

The pork chop that Mark was supposed to get last night was used tonight for dinner. I used it to make a pork pot pie. The vegies were simple.. carrots, celery, potato and peas. It's looked great out of the oven, but it wasn't so easy to plate.

img_1029007_0_d0b60b918a9c54e3a51318125af92b5b.jpg

img_1029007_1_5904555579d5cdf9fb14d9e262fa5926.jpg

Flip and click. You bet.
Well grilled chicken is one of the most photogenic foods, IMO. Especially with a little caramelizing of the sauce taking place.

I just had more salmon dip and crackers for lunch. It's pretty good cold, too.
I 'm a bit late, I flipped them then had to digs some spuds for the neighboursgarden & BBQ 449.jpg

Tom mate my wife still gets the odd ear infection and she is as tough as ...... well tough things, they really are a swine for her so I hope your the young man gets relief soon.
Get his teeth checked out.

The sauce I brined the thighs for about 8 hrs in cider, salt and a couple of glugs of sweet chili sauce, I did mop them a few times as they smoked for about 2hrs.
I really think I have a handle on this slow and low smoke cooking, the main reason I joined was to learn how, so a big thank you to everyone for the tips.
This is a 3 1/2lbs turkey thigh I did last weekgarden & BBQ 436.jpg.
Ps keep me posted re the young man.

The pork chop that Mark was supposed to get last night was used tonight for dinner. I used it to make a pork pot pie. The vegies were simple.. carrots, celery, potato and peas. It's looked great out of the oven, but it wasn't so easy to plate.

img_1029019_0_d0b60b918a9c54e3a51318125af92b5b.jpg

img_1029019_1_5904555579d5cdf9fb14d9e262fa5926.jpg
V I could murder that

Our dinner last night consisted of Chicken Casserole with Garlic Potatoes (had never tried before and they were actually delicious - recipe got from Mandy's Recipe Box) and some sweet kernel corn. Meal was very Yummy!

Attachments

• image-1518638258.jpg
    image-1518638258.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 172
buckytom... sorry to hear about your son. I know how painful they are, because I get them often. When I was born, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks with ear infections in both ears. They thought it was Spinal Meningitis at first. I hope he feels better soon.

LP... I hope you and your dad continue to get a good nights sleep and wish you both good health. I've been waking up in the middle of the night stiff as a board and achy. That usually causes me to get up and not go back to bed. Once I get up and moving I'm alright.

Bolas... Thank you for the compliment. Your chicken looks so tasty! My pot pie tasted good. I just wish I could have dished it out better.

Pork pies, chicken, taters and veggies OH MY!! WOW everyones food LOOKS and sounds GREAT!!

bucky hope your son feels better today. It takes a couple days for the meds to kick in and relieve some pain.

LP hows dad doing today?

Bolas... Thank you for the compliment. Your chicken looks so tasty! My pot pie tasted good. I just wish I could have dished it out better.
Dish it out better!!! I could eat out of my wellington boots...... left and right at that:)
Ps recipe for your crust please.

Back
Top Bottom