Dinner Monday 28th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some turkey scraps from Thanksgiving that I thawed over the weekend. They are in the crock pot with some cream of chicken soup. Not sure what they will become. Maybe creamed turkey with some mixed veggies. Then later I'll decide if they go over noodles, rice, potatoes or biscuits.

Kind of a yucky day here and I don't feel like going to the store. Looking through the freezer and pantry, I found ground beef, pasta, and canned tomatoes. Sounds like the makings of either American-style goulash or chili mac.

I wonder if these dishes were invented by people who also threw together whatever they had on hand. :ermm:

Last edited:
Winter weather advisory for today and part of tomorrow.

So I will use leftovers of pot roast and eye round roast to make either beef pot pies or beef soup (or maybe both for today and tomorrows dinners).

It depends on whether I get to the store in the next hour or so.

If I do, it will be baked salmon with an orange glaze, brown rice and a spinach tomato ragu.

If not, it will be chicken wings with oven fries and garden salad.

Kind of a yucky day here and I don't feel like going to the store. Looking through the freezer and pantry, I found ground beef, pasta, and canned tomatoes. Sounds like the makings of either American-style goulash or chili mac.

I wonder if these dishes were invented by people who also threw together whatever they had on hand. :ermm:
I almost always eat out of the pantry and freezer...only go to the store for dairy and fresh produce. I think those two dishes were more budget driven than weather driven.

YUM! :) All I could have is the side salad (the jalapenos could go there ;)) But would love the burger, cheese and fried eggs - great combo!

Thank you :) It was good!!! Not all that unhealthy either. made the burger with lean beef, fried the eggs in a touch of light olive oil and made a large salad with cucumber, beef steak tomatoes, carrot strips and baby leaf lettuce.

I just love eggs on burgers! Skipped the bacon, got to watch the cholesterol :(

celery and carrot sticks with hummus mixed with pickled jalapenos for an appy, then chicken stir fry here tonight.

Last edited:
Grilled cheese and a carton of thawed split peas soup. And a couple of old movies on the electronic gizmo. I'm staying in today too.

It depends on whether I get to the store in the next hour or so...

I just got back from the store and tonight's dinner is the ribeye special with spinach and a grilled spud. Some bay scallops sauted with garlic may find their way in there somewhere, too.

Back
Top Bottom