Dinner Monday 29th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
We are making a pork mince pasta tonight :)

Have not tried a pasta with pork before, so looking forward to it!

We have had beef mince and lamb mince..tonight pork and next week we are trying chicken mince :)

there's no mincing words with you, eh kylie...

huh, huh? lol. :)

with the chicken, try my meatballs "made in trees" recipe from the chief's meatball thread.

you'll be suripsed at how good minced chicken or turkey tastes when made into italian meatballs. the key is to use good grated cheese like romano.

to kick it up, i like to enclose a small cube of mozarella cheese in the meatballs to melt while they cook.

i'm not sure yet about our monday dinner yet. there's a pork loin to make, and a corned beef.

i have a fence guy coming over for the final documentation and permits/survey (so we don't have to look at the drunken macedonians next door, nor the unfriendly turks on the other side. i'm fortifying buckstantinople...), and dw wants to go to the gym early due to baseball practice at 6, so dinner will be whatever i sling from the kitchen.

i'm thinking some midwest inspired breaded pork loin sandwiches, with pickles and maybe veggie slaw.

Last edited:
:LOL: :LOL: Tom

I do like the sound of you chicken italian meatballs...thank you for telling me about it :)

Great news about your fence...nothing worse than unfriendly or annoying neighbours!

We had a weekend of great weather and did a lot of work outside.
We are having a picnic style supper- potato and a macaroni salad along ham, deviled eggs. dark chocolate brownies.

Hope you enjoy your anniversary celebration Hoot. Congrats!

Me, I'm going to another pot luck tonight! Had one last night too! Not sure what I'll take just yet. Yesterday I made deviled eggs. It's cool and rainy today so I may do a hot dish of some sort. I could make corn pudding or green bean casserole.

Mmmm, corn pudding. After reading about Chief's tamale tip and now corn pudding, I'm craving some corn.

I have leftover chicken from roasting a whole one yesterday (it started raining in the early evening, so we didn't grill it). I'm thinking of making a chicken soup or stew today. Maybe with some biscuits and salad.

Congratulations to the Hoots!

I got home late last night and didn't feel like making the pasta, alfredo sauce ham thing so I made a grilled provolone and ham sandwich instead...so I have those fixings I could make, but I will probably coax the last portion off that roasted chicken and mix in some baked tators, onions and garlic.

I was thinking about pasta, too, with mushrooms, Vidalia onions, garlic and parmesan.

I have some beef shortribs in the crockpot doused with teriyaki bbq sauce. Side of cole slaw. A lazy dinner but delicious!

Congrats and Happy Anniversary, Hoot and Mrs. Hoot! Have a great dinner!

Chicken Spaghetti & a veg.
39817-albums960-picture5476.jpg

We had some beautiful thick boneless center-cut pork chops marinated in Wishbone Bruschetta Italian dressing, accompanied by baked potatoes with sour cream, and California blend frozen vegetables. :yum::yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom