Dinner Monday 29th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I see. You want specifics. :)

Ok, since it was a little gloomy and cold outside, I made my usual "indoor salmon" recipe, which involves slathering it with mustard and dill and cooking it under the broiler. We also had mashed celery root. For that, I simply mash the cooked celery root and then stir in some light sour cream and a pinch of nutmeg. Beats potatoes any day of the week.

LOL, thanks Steve!

That does sound lovely...I like to get ideas as we have salmon twice a week and it is nice to have it different ways :)

Well here it is Monday already. I should have a better handle on the week. Which I may later, just not today. Tonight it's Cornmeal Waffles and sausage patties. I just stirred up some waffle batter and am letting it rest a little. Drum practice on the table with utensils while Monday Night Football is on. So it goes.

I love the sound of your dinner Whisk, especially the sausage patties :)

Last night, I made stracoto (Italian pot roast) with porcinis, red wine and rosemary, and served it with seasoned steamed green beans and rice, with a garden tomato alongside.

Attachments

• stracoto-1024w.jpg
    stracoto-1024w.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 163
GotGarlic said:
Last night, I made stracoto (Italian pot roast) with porcinis, red wine and rosemary, and served it with seasoned steamed green beans and rice, with a garden tomato alongside.

Looks great..

GotGarlic said:
Thanks, Q. Any damage from the storm? We only lost power for an hour or so.

Just some branches down.. power stayed on.. all in all pretty good...

Back
Top Bottom