Dinner Monday 29th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good Kylie :) What time is it there? It's 8 am here, dinner's still a long way off.
Thinking of making butternut squash stuffed with curry beef mince topped with bechamel and grated cheddar.
Not sure if I'll finish my washing in time though.

Trout sounds might tasty. When I used to fish all the time I had grilled trout all the time. Excellent fish.

Leftovers here again. I'm going to take some of the steak I sliced up yesterday amd turn it into a chimichito or two.

Trout sounds might tasty. When I used to fish all the time I had grilled trout all the time. Excellent fish.

Leftovers here again. I'm going to take some of the steak I sliced up yesterday and turn it into a chimichito or two.

That gives me an idea. I have leftover chicken from last night. Maybe chimichitos or quesadillas or similar is on the horizon in the next day or two.

As for dinner tonight, I haven't decided yet. Sandy is knocking at our door so I probably won't grill.

Snip...we had tea at 4.30pm :)

We like an early dinner :)

We eat at 5pm or a few minutes after if my husband works later. We don't eat after 7 pm at all. It's become a bit of a habit. I get somewhat irritated if we go for a BBQ with friends because they usually end up having too much beer and eating late :LOL:
I don't like sleeping right after I've had a big meal :wacko:

Changed my mind about dinner tonight. Had too much to do today. I'll make the squash another time, making Jumbo Brewer's (oversized German hotdogs) for dinner with sauerkraut and mustard.

That gives me an idea. I have leftover chicken from last night. Maybe chimichitos or quesadillas or similar is on the horizon in the next day or two.

As for dinner tonight, I haven't decided yet. Sandy is knocking at our door so I probably won't grill.

We'll give you a free pass for not grilling during Sandy ;)

We ate too much this weekend, so I have to go easy and get my calorie intake back on track again. I'm thinking salmon, but only if I have time to get to the store. Otherwise it's probably going to be leftover red cabbage and a chicken sausage.

Time to clean out the fridge. I found a chicken breast in the fridge, cut that into cubes, and did a Mexican version of my curry "pig slop" from last night--swiss chard, tomato, kohlrabi (I've never cooked it before), green pepper, hot pepper (not sure which variety it was), cumin and chilpolte chili powder sauteed in the oil from some sun dried tomatoes (don't know why I kept that--but I did), some kalamata (sp) olives, chopped cilantro, and grated cheese on top. It actually was quite tasty. Since I eat my BIG meal for breakfast, this was around 3:00 p.m. and I'm done eating for the day. I wasn't really hungry so didn't need anything else with it.

Got some chicken tenderloins defrosting that will get cut up and made into chicken nuggets along with a bag of crinkle cut fries. We've been snacking today since it is a "free" day and everyone is home for the duration. I think Sandy is almost done here from the looks of the satellite pics.

I made hot chicken sandwiches on whole grain slices of bread. I used leftover rotisserie chicken. Made gravy with some fairly strong chicken stock and seasoned it with rosemary, thyme, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce. I steamed some mixed vegis and tossed them with garlic butter.

I had a brainstorm. I was already reducing some vegi stock in my new four piece stock pot. I just slipped the steamer basket on top of the stock pot with the vegi stock and steamed the vegis that way. Less clean up and it can only improve the flavour of the stock and the vegis.

Well here it is Monday already. I should have a better handle on the week. Which I may later, just not today. Tonight it's Cornmeal Waffles and sausage patties. I just stirred up some waffle batter and am letting it rest a little. Drum practice on the table with utensils while Monday Night Football is on. So it goes.

Spaghetti with Hen of the Woods mushrooms, fresh dug up potted basil and canned clams.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan...any particular topping or marinade?
Oh, I see. You want specifics. :)

Ok, since it was a little gloomy and cold outside, I made my usual "indoor salmon" recipe, which involves slathering it with mustard and dill and cooking it under the broiler. We also had mashed celery root. For that, I simply mash the cooked celery root and then stir in some light sour cream and a pinch of nutmeg. Beats potatoes any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom