Dinner Monday 29th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some ground beef out and some tomato paste that needs to be used up so tacos-chili-spaghetti sounds about right. I'm still freaking tired so I'll wait an hour for inspiration to strike. Hahahaha!

oh yummy!!

Thanks MsM. :) But now my inspiration has traveled from Italy to Asia. :LOL:
Never can tell where that inspiration will land.
I have some thin strips of that chicken breast marinating in "Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce", and I'll be stringing them on bamboo sticks and grill them. I want to make some flavorful rice pilaf to go with the lil' darlings.
I'll post a picture tonight if it comes out purdy. ;)

A colorful fall feast. Grilled Salmon with Agave Mustard Glaze, Baked Acorn Squash, and Red Lettuce Salad with Walnuts and Chipotle Mango Vinaigrette.

img_1043248_0_e45c185127dedc2183cfd7a06c5fecca.jpg

Rotisserie chicken (Costco's are great) with baby potatoes, steamed veggies, gravy for Dad, the last of the mango salsa for DH and ranch dressing for me!

A colorful fall feast. Grilled Salmon with Agave Mustard Glaze, Baked Acorn Squash, and Red Lettuce Salad with Walnuts and Chipotle Mango Vinaigrette.

img_1043257_0_e45c185127dedc2183cfd7a06c5fecca.jpg
Looks good!! What's on the Baked Acorn Squash?

Beautiful Steve!!

Here's our dinner. The rice pilaf turned out very nice too. Half cup of jasmine rice, half cup of orzo, browned in butter and oil. I added sliced shallots, chopped mushrooms to the saute', and then a handful of golden raisins, with two cups of rich chicken broth and one tablespoon of curry powder. Simmered for 15 min on low, fluffed, and added some slivered almonds to the mix. Very tasty.

img_1043279_0_c3dcea9b96dfa25af8e884886f914757.jpg

Beautiful Steve!!

Here's our dinner. The rice pilaf turned out very nice too. Half cup of jasmine rice, half cup of orzo, browned in butter and oil. I added sliced shallots, chopped mushrooms to the saute', and then a handful of golden raisins, with two cups of rich chicken broth and one tablespoon of curry powder. Simmered for 15 min on low, fluffed, and added some slivered almonds to the mix. Very tasty.
Very nice! I just love those kind of meals.

omg, k-l. i could eat the monitor!

nice grill marks, steve.

i had leftovers. pasta rusticano (penne with red onion, spinach, amd crushed sausage in a garlic/ chunky tomato sauce), and broccoli in chinese garlic sauce.

Beautiful Steve!!

Kayelle, that pilaf looks amazing. I am going to give it a try. We love pilaf here.

img_1043340_0_e45c185127dedc2183cfd7a06c5fecca.jpg
I could put that away with ease, the balance is just right for me.
Ps we share the same taste in food, plates and work surfaces. :)

Beautiful Steve!!

img_1043341_0_c3dcea9b96dfa25af8e884886f914757.jpg
Kay another humdinger, very few people know how to make a good pilaf. IMO you nailed it and like SK the balance is spot on for me.:)

beautiful steve!!

img_1043504_0_37a117bb63a5d9e742bacb31bc4038ae.jpg
beautiful!!

Beautiful Steve!!

img_1043682_0_c3dcea9b96dfa25af8e884886f914757.jpg
Looks very delicious!!

Back
Top Bottom