Dinner Monday, 3-14-2016 ~ Want pi(e) with that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hadn't really thought about pie for today so I only sorta made one. Found an Alton Brown recipe for a ham and asparagus frittata and freely subbed with ingredients on hand Maybe now it's closer to a Spanish tortilla or just a eggy casserole baked in a cast iron pan. At any rate it begat more leftovers. Breakfast mañana y mañana.

I bought Jarlsberg swiss, thinking I would make a grilled ham and cheese sandwich this week, so I used some of that. Diced up and added some leftover scalloped potatoes. Didn't have parsley, and figured some dried savory would go good with both asparagus and ham. Alton forgot onion in his recipe, but I remembered for him and diced up a little, cooked until softened and threw that in with the eggs. I only used 4 eggs, I'm no fool. It turned out to be a thick omelet.

Alton Brown's recipe:

Frittata Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

We had some of the most delicious Irish Bangers I've ever tasted tonight. I picked them up locally at half price because I'm sure they didn't sell in this mainly Chorizo sausage town. ;) Now we're on a hunt for more, with an email to the company. Silva Sausage Products | Gourmet Sausage - Linguica - Chorizo - Hot Links - Hot Dogs

Anyway, I browned them in butter, then removed. Added onion, itty bitty potatoes to the skilled along with sliced cabbage and steamed the Bangers on top with some white wine, S&P, covered. Yummm...:yum:

We had some of the most delicious Irish Bangers I've ever tasted tonight. I picked them up locally at half price because I'm sure they didn't sell in this mainly Chorizo sausage town. ;) Now we're on a hunt for more, with an email to the company. Silva Sausage Products | Gourmet Sausage - Linguica - Chorizo - Hot Links - Hot Dogs

Anyway, I browned them in butter, then removed. Added onion, itty bitty potatoes to the skilled along with sliced cabbage and steamed the Bangers on top with some white wine, S&P, covered. Yummm...:yum:

If you don't find them in your area give this recipe a try or mix the ginger, mace and nutmeg with the bread crumbs and add them, along with the chicken stock, to a pound of your favorite breakfast sausage. :yum:

Irish Bangers

1 pound ground pork shoulder
1/3 cup chicken stock or water
¼ cup dry bread or cracker crumbs
1 t salt
1 t ground black pepper
¼ t ground ginger
½ t mace or allspice
¼ t nutmeg
¼ t sage or poultry seasoning, I use Bell's

Mix well and refrigerate for a day or two prior to pan frying.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom