Dinner Monday, 3-9-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having leftovers, the last of the pulled pork and yesterday's remaining tortellini soup - which actually has mini-ravioli. Since it's 49 degrees! here I'm going under the impression that spring will arrive, so I'll make a big salad to go along with the rest of the stuff in hopes we'll still have some left over. ;)

What's up for sup at your place?

Yeah, it's 50-ish here today, too. I have a nice plump little chicken in the fridge that I'm going to throw on the grill. Heck, I may even get the rotisserie thingy out today. It makes for such a juicy bird.

I also bought turnips at the store this morning, and plan to roast them with balsamic and olive oil.

I've been planning tacos Since Saturday. SO has been feeling crappy so we've just winged it for dinner.

I'm finally making tacos tonight.

I still have some rotisserie chicken along with fresh asparagus and mushrooms that need using along with a red bell pepper.

I'll be doing a casserole with those items plus some penne pasta and cheese. I won't be using canned creamed soups this time, but making my own sauce just because I'm feeling inspired today.
It's awesome how many meals for two can be made with one large Costco rotisserie
chicken!

leftovers and clean out the frig kinda meal. I cooked up too much pasta over the weekend and will heat up some pasta sauce, add some frozen Italian meatballs and parmesan cheese and finish off some pasta, alfredo sauce, grilled chicken with broccoli. Just may put another large dent in the girl scout cookies stash.:D

YES !! It is in the mid 50's here too. Rolled the Weber out of the garage. Heading to the store to pick up steaks or at least burger to grill tonight. Might throw some chix parts on for cold sammies/ salads later this week. Need to pick up some veggies that we can grill too. A day as fine as this calls for Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert.

Glad it's nice enough weather that you can grill, Whisk! :clap:

I'll be having a steamed artichoke with melted garlic/lemon butter, and a chilled pasta and chopped veggie salad.

Yeah, it's 50-ish here today, too. I have a nice plump little chicken in the fridge that I'm going to throw on the grill. Heck, I may even get the rotisserie thingy out today. It makes for such a juicy bird.

I also bought turnips at the store this morning, and plan to roast them with balsamic and olive oil.

Beautiful grilling weather here in Minnesota today. As promised, rotisserie chicken and balsamic roasted "neeps." The bottom photo is my grilling partner (she doesn't do all that much, but is good company nevertheless).

img_1412499_0_c442797079a9078e8f766a702623ef16.jpg

img_1412499_1_c72bd5b1a230fc893ba8f6dd2c2ea0d4.jpg

img_1412499_2_2658618a6e7d5c020391d2bfcb9862c5.jpg

Steve....your rotisserie chicken looks fantastic, and your grilling friend is a pretty gal. :)

wyshie, your dinner looks good. I had to look up bream - I had never heard of it before. Freshwater fish, congrats on the catch.

Joey, your venison meals are always mouthwatering. I miss those days of having game meat in my freezer.

I still have some rotisserie chicken along with fresh asparagus and mushrooms that need using along with a red bell pepper.

I'll be doing a casserole with those items plus some penne pasta and cheese. I won't be using canned creamed soups this time, but making my own sauce just because I'm feeling inspired today.
It's awesome how many meals for two can be made with one large Costco rotisserie
chicken!
It is impressive, isn't it. We often make chicken salad and hot chicken sandwiches. No, not for the same meal, but from the same chicken. ;)

I had a bowl of Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup. This one had little cubes of smoked ham. I will be sure not to buy that kind again. Yuck on those little cubes. I picked them out after noticing what they tasted like.

It is impressive, isn't it. We often make chicken salad and hot chicken sandwiches. No, not for the same meal, but from the same chicken. ;)

That's for sure Taxi! The casserole tonight was stellar with that rotisserie chicken, and I bet I could get one more meal with the carcass for a tortilla chicken soup from the last of it. After four good meals with it however, it's done it's job. I want cow tomorrow.:D

I'll toss the carcass from a rotisserie chicken into the freezer until I have 3-4. Then I put them all into my stock pot and simmer up a pot of stock. Maybe I use the stock that day, maybe I pack it in portions and freeze for later, but I have a pot of nearly-free stock.

I'll toss the carcass from a rotisserie chicken into the freezer until I have 3-4. Then I put them all into my stock pot and simmer up a pot of stock. Maybe I use the stock that day, maybe I pack it in portions and freeze for later, but I have a pot of nearly-free stock.
I do that too. Well, if I'm out of chicken stock, I'll do it right away so I have some chicken stock for the gravy for the hot chicken sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom