Dinner Monday 3rd December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had garlic bread with our dinner, we used a Pannini loaf, gee it was nice, ever so crunchy, perfect for garlic bread :)

Not sure how TB is feeling yet today as he is still asleep, but I was planning on turkey cutlets served with steamed kale and brown rice. TB will probably have tomatoes too.

St Louis barbecued pork steak and chili lime sweet potatoes.

After all the cooking I did yesterday, I merely need to go to the fridge and "shop". :) Tonight I think I'll choose sweet potato/apple hash, green beans, and will broil salmon filets to go with it. Rounding out the meal will be sliced Italian bread toasted with olive oil/garlic mixture.

Is it dinner time yet? All of a sudden I'm starving!

The yungun and I both have rehearsal tonight so it will be a quick meal. I have some Johnsonville bratwurst patties that I'll cook up like burgers and serve with red potato salad.

Thanks. Those sweet potatoes are good stuff.
And now for the rest of the week you'll see dinners that include cilantro :LOL:

SO is having a chicken Caesar salad and I'm making a favorite Armenian comfort food my mom used to make. It's ground beef, onion and garlic sauteed and seasoned with mint. Then chicken broth and small shells to make a soup. Yogurt is added individually before serving.

39817-albums933-picture5240.jpg
Mushroom Pizza

Last edited:
SO is having a chicken Caesar salad and I'm making a favorite Armenian comfort food my mom used to make. It's ground beef, onion and garlic sauteed and seasoned with mint. Then chicken broth and small shells to make a soup. Yogurt is added individually before serving.

This sounds like tasty soup. And it's a variation of the "loose meat" sandwiches I make with the addition of more broth, mint and yogurt (and shells). I think I'm going to play with this and turn it into a wrap. Maybe use lamb.
Thanks for the ideas.

Here's the recipe I use.

Munti

1 Tb Olive Oil
½ Lb Ground Beef
1 Ea Onion, minced
1-2 Cl Garlic, minced
1½ Tb Dry Mint - crushed
½ Lb Small Shells
8 C Chicken Broth
TT Salt & Pepper
TT Plain Yogurt

Sauté the hamburg, onion and garlic in the oil.

Add the rest of the ingredients except the yogurt, bring to a boil and simmer until the shells are cooked.

Stir two or three tablespoons of yogurt into a serving.

Here's the recipe I use.

Munti

1 Tb Olive Oil

½ Lb Ground Beef
1 Ea Onion, minced
1-2 Cl Garlic, minced
1½ Tb Dry Mint - crushed
½ Lb Small Shells
8 C Chicken Broth
TT Salt & Pepper
TT Plain Yogurt

Sauté the hamburg, onion and garlic in the oil.

Add the rest of the ingredients except the yogurt, bring to a boil and simmer until the shells are cooked.

Stir two or three tablespoons of yogurt into a serving.

I like the sound of this, will have to try it!

Back
Top Bottom