Dinner Monday, 4-7-2014 ~ Cookin'? Or just lookin"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been smelling a beef roast in the oven for a while now - making it Craig's Way. We're having mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, green beans, and asparagus to go along side. Beef's almost done, so I'd better get the gravy made.

What have you guys for supper?

Tonight is picking a can out of the pantry night. It is over full, Shrek picked tuna, I grabbed a can of bean with bacon soup. I'm thinking we will keep this up for a week and try to get through some things. Also dig out those items we are never going to eat and take them to the food bank.

I bought a couple of pieces of fish today. A haddock filet for SO and salmon for me. I marinated my salmon in an Asian style marinade and pan fried it. I baked SO's haddock with breadcrumbs and butter as this is how her fish is be cooked. We had our delicious fish with a side of Thai cucumber salad-also delicious. Sometimes dinner just hits the spot!

I bought a couple of pieces of fish today. A haddock filet for SO and salmon for me. I marinated my salmon in an Asian style marinade and pan fried it. I baked SO's haddock with breadcrumbs and butter as this is how her fish is be cooked. We had our delicious fish with a side of Thai cucumber salad-also delicious. Sometimes dinner just hits the spot!

I agree with SO and the way her fish is to be cooked. Yum!

I made Chili. I ate mine plain and DH had macaroni mixed in with his.

We're vacationing in Phoenix, so I'm not cooking. But that doesn't mean I'm not eating well. :)

Tonight we stopped at a gourmet pasty restaurant for an early dinner. These babies were incredible. Some of the best pasties I've ever had.

The one on the bottom is steak, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, and Stilton cheese, with brandy dipping sauce. The one on top is beef and cheddar with wine reduction sauce. An hour later, my mouth is still watering. I wonder if I can bring a few back in my luggage.

img_1356332_0_d0a15593edc5360b65fc755bbd210e5d.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone's dinners look like Plus !'s :yum: and Plus 2's :yum::yum: for Goodness today.

I made a new batch of spaghetti meat sauce today. Froze four reasonable meal size containers. A ladle of sauce on some fusilli for supper and spinach salad.

Last edited:
We defrosted and reorganized one of our freezers yesterday and found an assortment end-of-the-garden roasted tomatoes with peppers,garlic and/or onions, and some random sausages and ground beef. That resulted in a gallon of spaghetti sauce that will be dinner and a few packages back in the freezer. Going to try some cryovaced french bread from Costco...it keeps a couple of months. Almost scary, but it was in the organic display, lol.

We're vacationing in Phoenix, so I'm not cooking. But that doesn't mean I'm not eating well. :)

Tonight we stopped at a gourmet pasty restaurant for an early dinner. These babies were incredible. Some of the best pasties I've ever had.

The one on the bottom is steak, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, and Stilton cheese, with brandy dipping sauce. The one on top is beef and cheddar with wine reduction sauce. An hour later, my mouth is still watering. I wonder if I can bring a few back in my luggage.

Steve those look great!

What is the name of the place? I will be in the area in a few months and would love to try these.

Steve, the pasties looked great! If you're going to be around Phoenix a few more days and want a cheap meal, give Filibertos – Southwest's Favorite Mexican Food a try. We had breakfast burritos there one time and couldn't eat the rest of the day! Cost hardly nuthin' too, and we had our college-aged son with us. PPO, you can try them too. ;) They have a few coupons on their website.

Just want to give a shout-out to CraigC and his method for cooking a beef roast. Winner! I'll do it his way from now on.

We are getting into a rut....we had grilled steaks with mushrooms and Greek salad for the third time in a week. Mind you it is a very pleasant rut! :LOL:

But alas that is the end of my good deal on steak! :(

Steve, those look might tasty! I need to get a good gluten-free pastry recipe that is close to pastie texture and make some. My mother used to make them all the time!

A large tossed salad (Romaine lettuce, grilled crimini mushrooms, black olives, radishes, carrot, celery. tomatoes, grilled red pepper) topped with grilled chicken breast, drizzled with EVOO and freshly squeezed lemon juice.

I marinated a whole cut-up chicken in Italian dressing, then roasted it, and roasted some chunked potatoes along with it. DH had cole slaw and I had sliced cucumbers with ranch dressing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom