"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner Monday, 4-7-2014 ~ Cookin'? Or just lookin"?

I've been smelling a beef roast in the oven for a while now - making it Craig's Way. We're having mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, green beans, and asparagus to go along side. Beef's almost done, so I'd better get the gravy made.

What have you guys for supper?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Tonight is picking a can out of the pantry night. It is over full, Shrek picked tuna, I grabbed a can of bean with bacon soup. I'm thinking we will keep this up for a week and try to get through some things. Also dig out those items we are never going to eat and take them to the food bank.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

I bought a couple of pieces of fish today. A haddock filet for SO and salmon for me. I marinated my salmon in an Asian style marinade and pan fried it. I baked SO's haddock with breadcrumbs and butter as this is how her fish is be cooked. We had our delicious fish with a side of Thai cucumber salad-also delicious. Sometimes dinner just hits the spot!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I bought a couple of pieces of fish today. A haddock filet for SO and salmon for me. I marinated my salmon in an Asian style marinade and pan fried it. I baked SO's haddock with breadcrumbs and butter as this is how her fish is be cooked. We had our delicious fish with a side of Thai cucumber salad-also delicious. Sometimes dinner just hits the spot!

I agree with SO and the way her fish is to be cooked. Yum!

I made Chili. I ate mine plain and DH had macaroni mixed in with his.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
Wine Guy

We're vacationing in Phoenix, so I'm not cooking. But that doesn't mean I'm not eating well.

Tonight we stopped at a gourmet pasty restaurant for an early dinner. These babies were incredible. Some of the best pasties I've ever had.

The one on the bottom is steak, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, and Stilton cheese, with brandy dipping sauce. The one on top is beef and cheddar with wine reduction sauce. An hour later, my mouth is still watering. I wonder if I can bring a few back in my luggage.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Everyone's dinners look like Plus !'s and Plus 2's for Goodness today.

I made a new batch of spaghetti meat sauce today. Froze four reasonable meal size containers. A ladle of sauce on some fusilli for supper and spinach salad.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Leftover night. Ribs, chorizo, potato salad, white bean salad, coleslaw
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #8
Senior Cook

We defrosted and reorganized one of our freezers yesterday and found an assortment end-of-the-garden roasted tomatoes with peppers,garlic and/or onions, and some random sausages and ground beef. That resulted in a gallon of spaghetti sauce that will be dinner and a few packages back in the freezer. Going to try some cryovaced french bread from Costco...it keeps a couple of months. Almost scary, but it was in the organic display, lol.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We had burgers. I loaded the lazy Susan with ball park mustard, seedy Dijon mustard, mayo, sliced garlic pickles, pickled jalapenos, sliced onions, lettuce, salsa, tomato slices, and a jar of spoons, knives, and forks. We had them on Pita Break - Multi Grain Sandwich OneBun. That was tasty.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
We're vacationing in Phoenix, so I'm not cooking. But that doesn't mean I'm not eating well.

Tonight we stopped at a gourmet pasty restaurant for an early dinner. These babies were incredible. Some of the best pasties I've ever had.

The one on the bottom is steak, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, and Stilton cheese, with brandy dipping sauce. The one on top is beef and cheddar with wine reduction sauce. An hour later, my mouth is still watering. I wonder if I can bring a few back in my luggage.
Steve those look great!

What is the name of the place? I will be in the area in a few months and would love to try these.

Tags
cook, dinner