"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Ham, baked beans, and coleslaw.

Hm. Used the KC Masterpiece canned baked beans with pulled pork. There was no discernable pulled pork to be found. I looked at the ingredients on the can, it said contains less than 2% pulled pork. Now how can they prominently feature pulled pork in the title, when there's no shred of PP? Should have been described as having "essence of pulled pork."

Old 05-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

It was hot and humid here today - we had a thunderstorm and now it's just raining - so I made a cold dish for dinner. Spaghetti with Thai-style spicy peanut sauce, julienned veggies and grilled chicken breast sprinkled with Penzeys Bangkok seasoning. Nice and refreshing

Old 05-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #13
Master Chef

Beth, I like the sound of that Green Chile Chicken Stew. Let us know any changes you may have made?

What a lot of work Med, but the picture sure looks like a masterpiece!

We're going Meatless Monday for a change..I'm with you 10speed I don't want to make a habit of it.

We're having Chile Rellano Casserole with glorified salads, and a toasted flour tortilla for my SC.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #14
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
I've got Trader Joe's Bourbon Sugar Flank Steak
on the charcoal grill as I type and it smells OUTRAGEOUS!
As well as loads of veggies on the grill, baby broccolini, summer squash and sweet bell peppers... Hello Summer! It's 85 degrees out and we're loving it!
Old 05-02-2016, 10:46 PM   #15
Head Chef

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
I've got Trader Joe's Bourbon Sugar Flank Steak
on the charcoal grill as I type and it smells OUTRAGEOUS!
As well as loads of veggies on the grill, baby broccolini, summer squash and sweet bell peppers... Hello Summer! It's 85 degrees out and we're loving it!
I thought the Flank Steak was SUPER! I had a sample this past weekend at our local TJ's and this is why I bought it.
DH starts to eat his supper, munch munch, pause ...
"Is this Beef Jerky? I like Beef Jerky!"
Harumph!
Oh well, at least he liked it... introducing new foods to my "oldest son" can be difficult and trying, but ...
Old 05-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ham, baked beans, and coleslaw.

Hm. Used the KC Masterpiece canned baked beans with pulled pork. There was no discernable pulled pork to be found. I looked at the ingredients on the can, it said contains less than 2% pulled pork. Now how can they prominently feature pulled pork in the title, when there's no shred of PP? Should have been described as having "essence of pulled pork."
They put in 2% pulled pork in place of that thick fatty piece of bacon found in Bushes baked beans
Old 05-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #17
Master Chef

We were really happy with the flavor of the Barbacoa. When I had mentioned to our daughter, Loverly, that I was making it this week, she told me she pays about $8 for a barbacoa burrito at Chipotle...or, rather, doesn't buy it because it is $8. Considering I made enough meat to generously fill 15 tortillas for only $9, I think this will be a regular on rotation. After stuffing ourselves I still have enough for another meal+ for us, plus a "thank you" for my SIL when I run up to her house to do a load of clothes.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:00 AM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
... plus a "thank you" for my SIL when I run up to her house to do a load of clothes.
CG, was it your washer that went kaputz?
Old 05-03-2016, 03:28 AM   #19
Master Chef

Well, K-Girl, first the dryer died. It was almost 20 years old and Himself couldn't find the part so he could fix it. We bought a new dryer. When it arrived, I went to run a load of wash...and the latch on the washer door broke. Fortunately, he found that part, ordered it, and it should arrive Wednesday. Meanwhile, I'm running out of socks and tops! I guess the washer felt left out. 😑
Old 05-03-2016, 05:51 AM   #20
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
What a lot of work Med, but the picture sure looks like a masterpiece!
Thanks Kayelle. It was a lot of work but made at least 2 more dinner meals with leftovers plus lunch for both of us today. Craig wants to make lasagne with it. I'm tempted to freeze about 1/2 cup or so of it, zap in the food processor and make ravioli with a t. sauce. It is really good and has a very, very rich deep meaty flavor, which is what adding the chicken livers apparently does, well besides all the other meats that went in.

The fresh made pasta just made it that much better. I always say this but we've got to do that more often. It's really easy and quick to make and not that much more work, and is so much better.

Tags
dinner