Dinner Monday, 5-23-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We'll be enjoying an International Buffet tonight. Basically, the leftover Italian sausage and sauteed onions/peppers from Friday and last night's Mexican leftover chicken fajitas. I might toss in a little Mediterranean - hummus with some fresh veggies. ;) Meanwhile, I hear my dusty screens and dirty windows calling my name...

What's on your dinner plan for today?

We're having breakfast. Not sure if I'll make sausage gravy casserole or omelettes with bacon. Guess I can wait and see which DH wants.

Hmmm....still thinking about it. I'm leaning toward roasting some chicken, cutting it up, and topping a loaded up green salad with it.

Craig started "perfect pan roasted crispy chicken thighs" and mashies, as well as going out and cutting some swiss chard and chopping some onions and slicing some garlic for the chard. I finished everything up. The cooking method for the thighs is messy (grease spatter), but you end up with the crispiest skin you've ever had.

It was pug bath day for both of them and nail cutting day for one. Pugs are the absolute worst about getting their nails cut. You'd think we were beating them within a mm of their life.

Craig had an early morning for him and is asleep, but I had a mascarpone brownie for dessert. They are better leftover than freshly baked!

Reverse seared pork loin wrapped in bacon, rice & green beans.

img_1467522_0_bad615a7f010f7605fdeb1e525c38cd3.jpg

img_1467522_1_c3ed08b6db61e99ecfc5a47f21e7162f.jpg

We had leftover meatloaf with braised green beans and späetzle mixed with caramelized onion gravy.

I tried a new recipe for pressure-cooked caramelized onions and was not really happy with it. It was pretty sweet and too mushy for my taste. Had to add a bunch of spices to make it worth serving.

Attachments

• 1464052332220.jpg
    1464052332220.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 152
We had leftovers from last night - chicken with pickled peppers and Kalamata olives and penne.

Back
Top Bottom