"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
Head Chef

Dinner, Monday, 5/9/16

Can't believe no one has started a dinner thread yet. Nicoise salad, using some of the tuna oil for the dressing.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
Master Chef

Leftover roast chicken in gravy, green beans cooked in ham stock, fresh stewed tomatoes and a dish of strawberries with heavy cream.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Medtran inspired me (lovely plate, BTW, Med). So tuna salad on onion rolls.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Left over seafood gumbo.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #5
Master Chef

I'm doing a stir fry that will have baby bok choy as one of the ingredients, with crispy pork belly on the top, and a side will be the delicious cauliflower "fried rice" from last night.

Beautiful plate Med! I've seen dinner threads not started until bed time for many on the east coast.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

We had the stuffed flank steak and butternut squash we didn't cook last night.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
Sous Chef

Brined bone in pork chops on the grill, cute little red potatoes on the grill, green salad.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Spaghetti with meat sauce, green salad with sliced cukes, radish and tomatoes. Leftover angel food cake with sliced strawberries.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #9
Head Chef

Thanks ladies, I thought is was pretty too. The tomatoes are our home grown "Everglades tomatoes," supposedly Florida's only natural tomatoes. I still can't believe I'm willingly eating canned tuna, but I guess at the premium brand and premium cost I can get over that, especially since the meal was my idea. The cats, however, may not. I think they think they were being tortured with the smell of the opened tin while the dressing was melding. I know Mindy was. She was having a fit. I had to hide the tin that was opened so she wouldn't help herself while we were waiting.

Off topic, but we had to take Mindy to vet Friday. She had started vomiting early a.m. hours of Wednesday out of the blue for no apparent reason, again Thursday and Friday a.m., and had lost weight when we picked her up to "really" check her out on Friday after the third episode, subjective weight loss. She hasn't been to vet since she was spayed and that was about a year ago when she was still a kitten. Her comprehensive blood work all came back negative, except for hyperthyroid so vet wants to wait 3-4 months and check that again, since she has never heard of a cat her age being hyper. Fortunately, that was the only abnormality and the vomiting has stopped. After thinking about it, she has been chewing on and licking my pump hand lotion container and also has had accesss to fresh thyme, which can apparently cause GI upset in cats according to poison control per vet, both just recently since we moved. Both have been removed from her access. So, we'll see.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Spinach and artichoke dip pasta topped with grilled chicken. I don't keep milk in the house, so I used 1 cup of rehydrated instant dry milk, and half and half, water and white wine to make up the other cup of liquid. The spinach came from the garden. I rubbed the chicken with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning before grilling it. It was quite delicious

Tags
dinner