Dinner, Monday 6-12-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeannie is in Vegas so I should be eating junk food.. But I made..

Tuna salad on greens with avocado, tomato, shredded carrot and red onion...

Ross

Another hot day with the AC on, so I avoid using the cooktop or oven. Burgers on the grill, corn on the cob in the microwave, leftover cole slaw from the other night.

My plan WAS to grill our entire dinner.
Flank Steak, Mushrooms and Zucchini.
Unfortunately THIS happened while we were out running errands today:

WTH.jpg

WTH2.jpg

We had contracted to add to our backyard landscaping and it REALLY would have been nice if the guy had let us know that he was going to start TODAY!
Maybe then we would have moved our patio furniture and THE GRILL over to the other side of the house where maybe we could use them. :mad:

Thank goodness I had two servings of leftovers that I could reheat in the micro for us. Although, I'm sure I could have scratched up other things, but MAN!!!
:angry:

So sorry, Kgirl. But I am sure it will be nice to get the landscaping done!

And now here I go and say that I grilled burgers for TB and our niece while I had a grilled chicken breast. I served it with raw veggies, dip, and baked potato wedges.

But I have had poultry two days in a row now so it will be strictly vegetarian for the rest of the week.

My plan WAS to grill our entire dinner.
Flank Steak, Mushrooms and Zucchini.
Unfortunately THIS happened while we were out running errands today:

View attachment 27027

View attachment 27028

We had contracted to add to our backyard landscaping and it REALLY would have been nice if the guy had let us know that he was going to start TODAY!
Maybe then we would have moved our patio furniture and THE GRILL over to the other side of the house where maybe we could use them. :mad:

Thank goodness I had two servings of leftovers that I could reheat in the micro for us. Although, I'm sure I could have scratched up other things, but MAN!!!
:angry:

On the other hand it could be a lot worse Kgirl. The normal thing that happens is he says he will come today and shows up in a month or so. :rolleyes:

SC had a request for tonight and that's very unusual. We had an angel hair pasta shrimp dish I hadn't done in a very long time and it made both of us happy along with spinach salads.

Jeannie is in Vegas so I should be eating junk food.. But I made..

Tuna salad on greens with avocado, tomato, shredded carrot and red onion...
Aww, Ross behaved himself. I'm proud of you. I sure hope your dear Jeannie is, too.

Still hot today, and we passed up the clam shack on our way home from picking up my car (still have a full dinner of the leftovers anyway...) Made the panzanella and we made it all gone! Considering the veggies were almost no calories but lots of good nutrients, we didn't feel bad about it...so we each had a Klondike bar. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170612_221857.jpg
    20170612_221857.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 158
Aww, Ross behaved himself. I'm proud of you. I sure hope your dear Jeannie is, too.

Still hot today, and we passed up the clam shack on our way home from picking up my car (still have a full dinner of the leftovers anyway...) Made the panzanella and we made it all gone! Considering the veggies were almost no calories but lots of good nutrients, we didn't feel bad about it...so we each had a Klondike bar. :LOL:

I'm going to make up for it today... Yayyyyyy junkfood!!!

I told Jeannie what I had for dinner and she said I should take my temperature... :wacko:

Ross

Ross, today you should go to your new In N Out and pig out!!

That's a great idea... I do need to go back there..

I'll probably just eat lots of cookies and wait until Jeannie comes home so we can pig out together... After that we can eat healthy again... ;) :LOL:

Ross

This is Tueaday's dinner but since I am almost a day ahead...
Made pork rib eye steaks grilled with a sticky marinade, parsley mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms with garlic butter and mixed steamed veggies.

I pulled my hamstring planting the slope by the house. Hurts like, still, so fast and easy meals this week. Salmon and pasta salad last night. No might do stir fry tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom