Dinner Monday, 6-22-2015 ~ Who knew...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...that today is National Onion Ring Day? :huh: I'll pass, rather than pass...:sick: :-p

Here, it's a toss-up between ham-and-beans-and-collard-greens, or tuna salad with a side of tossed. It's hot as blazes, but I figure they eat ham and collard greens all year long in the south, and we aren't southern hot yet. ;)

What's your dinner plan? Chillin', grillin' or something else fillin'?

Picking up SO from the airport later this afternoon. Dinner is some frozen sauce from the freezer with wild mushroom ravioli or shredded short rib sauce over spaghetti. I'll let her choose.

blazing hot here too, but with the humidity at 15%, I can't really complain.

Having friends over for dinner; serving baked lemoned and garlicked cod, cole slaw and fresh pineapple for dessert.

Ham and greens sounds lovely.

Eggs in purgatory here. Nice and spicy, with plenty of chilli and fresh eggs . Yum

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Depends on how much longer I sit here waiting for the doctor :ermm: I want to make tzatziki sauce and kefta patties with Zaa'tar, mint and parsley, but I may end up making tuna pasta salad. It's pretty hot here, too, but DH will grill if I go in that direction.

Leftovers. I'm going to have the last of the pork steak I grilled on Saturday, the other half of the mini watermelon, and a mango. Tea with lots of ice and fresh lemon wedges to wash it all down.

Got a baking dish of chicken in the oven. I'll make up some brown rice and perhaps some green beans or broccoli. We ate up all the lettuce and salad fixings this weekend so will have to do something else for veggies.

I'm making frikadeller. We'll have that with potato salad. I'm still deciding about a tossed salad. There will be homemade ice cream for dessert. If the bowl of the ice cream maker is cold enough, I will make some chocolate ice cream for me and Stirling can have the rest of yesterday's vanilla ice cream.

Hot here, too, and to chill we spent a large part of the afternoon in the pool. Really nice.

Supper was one of my favorites chicken picatta per Giada De Laurentiis, mashed potatoes, buttered baby peas, our first cucumbers from the garden, iced tea, and a small sliver of strawberry swirl cream cheese pound cake for dessert. We're sufficiently full and chilled after our stint in the pool.

Depends on how much longer I sit here waiting for the doctor :ermm: I want to make tzatziki sauce and kefta patties with Zaa'tar, mint and parsley, but I may end up making tuna pasta salad. It's pretty hot here, too, but DH will grill if I go in that direction.

I ended up making the tuna pasta salad. Served it on top of red leaf lettuce from the garden and tomato from the farmers market.

Attachments

• 1435019738662.jpg
    1435019738662.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 162
Nice looking, GG. ~~ I ended up making the ham...etc. Oh my, for some reason the pot likker tastes extra-good tonight. Himself is still on the phone with our son (Goober had phone issues yesterday for Fathers' Day), has been for almost two hours, and the likker is dwindling. Not because it's cooking out, but because I keep getting "just one more tiny scoop" over and over. :whistling

Attachments

• 2015-06-22 20.13.00.jpg
    2015-06-22 20.13.00.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 168
I'm making frikadeller. We'll have that with potato salad. I'm still deciding about a tossed salad. There will be homemade ice cream for dessert. If the bowl of the ice cream maker is cold enough, I will make some chocolate ice cream for me and Stirling can have the rest of yesterday's vanilla ice cream.
I did decided to make the tossed salad too. Practice helps. I seem to be getting better at making those frikadeller.

DlB_DOhJHN03rCA5ey2wXrWkqgxmxYSRN4CRyUpd7Zo

O6Ps6Ve8Lzk1pmbpEIGvodhgl4Z_-XZU_-L9xIJvEy4

Chocolate ice cream is churning as I type. :pig:

Hi all! We did sockeye on the BBQ tonight. Greek salad and plain old rice rounded out the meal. We were all too full for dessert.

Missed you all! I think I finally have this tablet thing figured out tho.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom