Dinner Monday, 6-29-2015 ~ Monday Madness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We're going to try Attempt Number Three on getting my birthday dinner grilled. If not, I'm going to have to cook those shrimp and scallops in the house. And that won't make my taste buds happy since I really want the flavor from the grill.

The carrot cake for dessert on Friday is all gone. Eating dessert is almost never weather-dependent. ;)

What are your culinary plans for tonight?

We have leftover grilled chicken from yesterday so I'll do something with that. I made potato salad with mustard aioli for my neighbor and have extra aioli, so I'll make some more potatoes for us.

DH cut back the zucchini leaves and got rid of thousands of aphids. In the process, he found four large cucumbers, which are growing on a trellis behind the zucchini. I'll cut up one of those and some other veggies for dipping in ranch dressing.

We got lots of rain last week. Can you tell? ;)

Attachments

• 1435612005107.jpg
    1435612005107.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Doing veggies only here--meatless Monday. Eating the broccoli I t had to test drive, a kale recipe I wanted to "tweak" and gotta get rid of the celery and heritage carrots.

Pizza tonight, although it's too dang hot to do pizza, and I don't trust doing it on the grill. Yep, I hear how others can do it but it's not my thing. I'll just have to blast the AC to cold I guess. After Beth mentioned pizza last night, I just have to have it.

BBQ, Tri- Tip

img_1427582_0_1067529dbc1392cc15ac5a6f8850e566.jpg

img_1427582_1_62ea425c1808e9879b4d9b676974b3c6.jpg

img_1427582_2_8625b6eb8a1258b86f6ed69389511f57.jpg

I'm on my way, S&P! Dang that looks good! Oh wait, it'll take awhile to get there...

We're working on my leftover half of a Blimpie's ham, turkey and cheese. DH already consumed his half over lunch. We also have some leftover lentil soup in case DH runs out of my sandwich.

Last edited:
Third time's a charm, CG, I hope you got to grill your seafood tonight!

Joey - your tri tip is perfectly grilled! Does that ever look mouthwatering. :ohmy::yum:

I ended with a pan fried brat, and a vegetable medley - pattypan squash, carrots, potatoes, and onions. A fresh peach for dessert.

Last edited:
Cheryl, we did live a charmed life tonight! :LOL: Himself was a little heavy-handed with grilling the shrimp (they were a wee bit tough this time), but the very pricey scallops were perfect.

Not as pretty as a "Joey Photo", but I'm verifying "picture, or it didn't happen". ;) A nice Riesling wine from Shenandoah Vineyards accompanied the meal. Poured into a glass for those of us who are stemware-challenged.

Attachments

• 2015-06-29 20.53.26.jpg
    2015-06-29 20.53.26.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 174
That Tri-tip looks really good, Joey.

We have our grandson from tonight through Wednesday afternoon. So I had a favorite of his, spaghetti with meatballs and sausages.

. Poured into a glass for those of us who are stemware-challenged.
lol. I use an antique jelly jar. Talk with my hands. ..knock over stemware.

Lettuce wraps tonight. Fried some ground lamb with harissa sauce and some mideastern spices, garlic scapes, pine nuts, golden raisins. Topped with cilantro and a raita-ish sauce.

Last edited:
We had my gluten free buffalo wings with Rick Bayless' guacamole mix, tortilla chips and various raw veggies.

While I still prefer my homemade guacamole, the mix was the best I have tasted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom