Dinner Monday 6th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whole Foods had albacore tuna on sale, so we'll have that grilled, along with some fresh artichokes. :yum:
Everything came out wonderful. The best surprise yesterday was finding that my little asparagus patch survived last week's snow and pushed up a couple of dozen stalks, so we had those for dinner as well.
img_1265517_0_cb97229d7bd2f41bc5219fc24803c0a9.jpg

Last edited:
I made a Thai chicken curry with onions and bell peppers and a bunch of seasonings. I forgot to include in the picture the jar of Thai curry paste and can of coconut milk that went in as well.

Attachments

• 2002-12-08 12.00.00-1-13.jpg
    2002-12-08 12.00.00-1-13.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2002-12-08 12.00.00-1-14.jpg
    2002-12-08 12.00.00-1-14.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 160
Yummers. Very nice looking dinners.

What kind of dipping sauce did you make, Steve?
And do you use a protractor when you turn your tuna? ;)

What kind of dipping sauce did you make, Steve?
And do you use a protractor when you turn your tuna? ;)
Lol, Pac. The grill marks are calculated using a slide rule and astronomical chart. Or sometimes I just stick a finger in the air and see which way the wind is blowing. ;)

The sauce is yogurt, horseradish, lemon zest, and s&p. Tastes equally good on artichokes, fish, and even french fries.

Lol, Pac. The grill marks are calculated using a slide rule and astronomical chart. Or sometimes I just stick a finger in the air and see which way the wind is blowing. ;)

The sauce is yogurt, horseradish, lemon zest, and s&p. Tastes equally good on artichokes, fish, and even french fries.

Thanks. I usually go lime and capers in place of the lemon and horseradish, but that's because I can never seem to acquire a taste for horseradish.
Outstanding looking meal.

The Colonel is getting my business tonight. SO called and is getting home earlier but I'm still going to KFC. Once the taste buds have been given notice, there's no turning back...

Well, there was a change in plans. SO's appointment became an issue and I decided to cancel my KFC run. I baked some Tyson breaded chicken tenderloins and we had that with some pasta salad. These Tyson tenderloins are among the better prepared chicken things we've tried for emergency meals.

Everything came out wonderful. The best surprise yesterday was finding that my little asparagus patch survived last week's snow and pushed up a couple of dozen stalks, so we had those for dinner as well.
img_1265605_0_cb97229d7bd2f41bc5219fc24803c0a9.jpg

Steve, that tuna looks so good I just might take my supply of Trader Joe tuna steaks from the freezer and have Himself grill them tonight. Have some chicken to use up...but I suppose that could grill today, get dinnered tomorrow. Decisions Decisions. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom