Dinner Monday 6th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I coated 2 Red Snapper filets with a little lime juice, mayo, salt, pepper and onion powder then covered them with bread crumbs and sprinkled a little melted butter over the top and baked them. Had Bagio beans and rice as well. Chocolate ice cream later.

SO has a late appointment and will eat before she gets home so I'm on my own. I think it's been too long since I've enjoyed extra crispy fried chicken, mashed potatoes and a biscuit. A three piece dinner is in my near future.

SO has a late appointment and will eat before she gets home so I'm on my own. I think it's been too long since I've enjoyed extra crispy fried chicken, mashed potatoes and a biscuit. A three piece dinner is in my near future.

You didn't say where that chicken dinner was originating from, Colonel Saunders or Colonel Andy's ;)

I'm going to make some spaghetti. I've got onion (seems like a waste for Vidalia's, but oh well), mushrooms, sausage and meatballs. Hopefully I've got a can of crushed tomatoes, or it's going to be a pretty interesting "sauce" :ermm:

You didn't say where that chicken dinner was originating from, Colonel Saunders or Colonel Andy's ;)

I'm going to make some spaghetti. I've got onion (seems like a waste for Vidalia's, but oh well), mushrooms, sausage and meatballs. Hopefully I've got a can of crushed tomatoes, or it's going to be a pretty interesting "sauce" :ermm:

The Colonel is getting my business tonight. SO called and is getting home earlier but I'm still going to KFC. Once the taste buds have been given notice, there's no turning back.

I could see a nice cream based sauce with your ingredients, Fred.

Last edited:
Just me tonight.

Made some home made veggie soup. For GG's B-day garlic bread to go with it. On the other hand... Nobody's going to be looking Dorito's with cheese sauce is sounding good to. :D

The Colonel is getting my business tonight. SO called and is getting home earlier but I'm still going to KFC. Once the taste buds have been given notice, there's no turning back.

I could see a nice cream based sauce with your ingredients, Fred.

mmmm, colonel Saunders :yum:

I don't like meats in cream sauces... not much anyway. Maybe creamed chicken or some bacon. The juices always leach to much. At least with the sausage I'm using.
Now if I had some shrimp... :yum::yum::yum:

Spelunked some black bean wild rice soup. Will have with shredded cheddar, a bit of yogurt cheese, green onions, and crunched tortilla chips.

Last edited:
Wandered to the rotisserie chicken aisle while I was at Costco. Yes, picked up one of those and some new red mashed potatoes. Shrek finally decided to have some of the chicken...he was astounded how good and moist it was. I kept telling him, the only time he would eat it before was after I changed the carcass into chicken soup or dumplings.

'Twas going to be leftovers, spaghetti or chicken
First went for a ride - the library due date was tickin'
On the way back Himself smelled cookout and looked at me agog
So he fired up the grill and cooked trail bologna and hot dog

'Twas going to be leftovers, spaghetti or chicken
First went for a ride - the library due date was tickin'
On the way back Himself smelled cookout and looked at me agog
So he fired up the grill and cooked trail bologna and hot dog

Fancy fare is not needed
When your thoughts have been seeded
With such a heavenly smell
Just fire up the grill for a spell.