Dinner Monday 7th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to make saulisbury steaks with left over burgers from yesterday..

I have what I'm calling Italian Chicken Stew on the stove. It's basically a chicken minestrone without the beans, as I can't eat high-fiber food. Will serve with toasted garlicky baguette slices.

Dreaming of me.............;) (was it a nightmare?)

lol.

the nightmare was when i realized that harry was watching us from the closet. (where else :rolleyes: )

back to dinner; change of plans for me. i found a london broil in the fridge that should have gone bad a week ago but was surprisingly still good (as per my nose), so i had an relatively low carb dinner of carrots, celery, hummus, cheese, wheat crackers, and london broil.

I had very creamy mac and cheese. Had a root canal done and can't chew food yet. :(

But the good thing is this should end my tooth troubles! :)

We're having apple/curry chicken breasts with rice. It's a new recipe that I'm tweaking, so wish me luck!

Action shot and dinner.

Attachments

• Grilled shrimp & lamb burgers1.jpg
    Grilled shrimp & lamb burgers1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Grilled shrimp & lamb burgers2.jpg
    Grilled shrimp & lamb burgers2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 188
I like the sounds of that "fish finger" thing. I assume that's Oz speak for "fish sticks"?
The idea sounds yummy and an easy dinner!

We had beer can chicken in the oven and a spinach salad along with baby carrots. The carrots were especially good as a side dish. I seldom cook them other than roasting but this time I cooked them in a small amount of salted water and did a butter/lemon/honey/ginger glaze for the finish. I could have made a meal of just the carrots, they were so tasty. I really wish I had written down the ingredient ratio.
Dang.

I like the sounds of that "fish finger" thing. I assume that's Oz speak for "fish sticks"?
The idea sounds yummy and an easy dinner!

We had beer can chicken in the oven and a spinach salad along with baby carrots. The carrots were especially good as a side dish. I seldom cook them other than roasting but this time I cooked them in a small amount of salted water and did a butter/lemon/honey/ginger glaze for the finish. I could have made a meal of just the carrots, they were so tasty. I really wish I had written down the ingredient ratio.
Dang.

Yes, Kayelle, they are your "fish sticks" :)

Your beer can chicken sounds delicious :yum:

To stay with the "Mexican" theme of our dinner, we had Choco Tacos for dessert. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Speaking of Choco Tacos (which I had never had before) James kept asking at Taco Bell if they were ever going to get Choco Tacos back. One girl finally asked and found out that they got rid of them because the employees were eating so many of them that they weren't worth offering. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom