"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #31
Executive Chef

it's official...no dinner tonight. Finally got back home from dropping my daughter at college...what a production that was! We took her to a late lunch and I'm just miserable enough to know I'll not be hungry again today.tomorrow will be much better....

Old 08-28-2006, 04:04 PM   #32
Head Chef

Pork loin and some other stuff. Not sure yet. Should have got the loin in some marinade last night.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
chicken and dumplings,baked chicken,butter beans,and fried squash fritters with biscuots.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:53 PM   #34
Head Chef

GF requested tacos,
So I'm heading for the store now .
Quick and easy for a monday.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:53 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm still just feeding myself, so I will eat some more of the acre of risotto I made yesterday. I might fry up an Italian sausage to go with it.

My other option is to flake a can of tuna into some jarred sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce over pasta.

But I bought a nice fresh pineapple yesterday that I chunked up. I will pour some caramel sauce over a few chunks for dessert tonight.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #36
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickell
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED MEATLOAF ROLL WITH THE HAM IN THE MIDDLIE AND
CHEESE? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT PREVIOUS RECIPES, I REALLY LIKE
THE TOMATOE PASTE ON THE TOP BUT WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE
TRIED THE ROLL UP. SOUNDS GOOD
Hey Rickell! No I haven't. I have a recipe somewhere for a Sicilian Meatloaf that has cheese and prochiutto in the center. It looked so good but I can't find that kind of meat around here. Someday I may run across it again and substitute that type of meat for something else......I know they say use canadian bacon if you can't find prochiutto.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:04 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
Chicken something...that's all I can come up with right now. I hope some others are making chickie so I can steal their ideas.
I have to say what I did the other day. Gad I hope I didn't already post it here. I took 2 pks of boneless skinless chix thighs. melted a stick of butter, seasoned them both sides with spog..........baked them uncovered in the oven @ 325 1 hr. in the butter. then, took it out of oven, made a sauce of hot sauce/mango pancake syrup, = parts, mixed in butter and poured over chix and baked for another 15 minutes. Oh my goodness, WONDERFUL~!~ had to share cause who would ever come up with that concoction?

the other night when I wanted the recipe for pork chops, although I basted them, and made the noodles for the mac/cheese, hubby called and said he wanted to meet me at our favo Methican restaurant for margies and dinneau. I froze everything and went. I'm home now, yeah!.........so the mac/cheese is on again tonight as are the pc....spinach cause I'm hungering for greenery and salad, same reason. I have raspberries, so I'll do a viniagarette out of them with evoo and must, s&p.
Enjoy your dinner, whatever it may be.......
Old 08-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #38
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I decided to make meat loaf, mashed potatoes, & sweet peas.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #39
Executive Chef

I had a bunch of tomatoes from the garden so I roasted them. Yesterday the batch I made came out perfect, today nearly half of them burned. The only thing I did differently was use canolla instead of olive oil. The olive oil version was great, but for some reason the canolla burned quicker. Anyway, I was able to salvage half the roasted tomatoes, but it was more of a paste so I marinated some shrimp and threw them on kabobs and broiled them. They were great! A mistake that turned out fantastic oh and I had that over angel hair pasta with parm and herbs.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #40
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL
GF requested tacos,
So I'm heading for the store now .
Quick and easy for a monday.
mr. callie asked for tacos, too - so that's our supper.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote